SOS 2014 Photos - for those of us not as fortunate...

Past two days have been good for buying and selling, seen some great pieces and have a nice group to take home. While there is a lot of stuff, and I mean A LOT, much of it is TR and not much in my interest field....

Thats what I was afraid of....I watched the OVMS video from last years show on their webpage and I saw ALOT of German, TR stuff...

I had already been making plans to adjust my vacation here at work to be able to go next year but after that I am not so sure...

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the same OVMS vid & came away thinking is SOS just a Mega MAX Show? My interest in TR stuff is low, but I do admire Mr. Wittmann's vids as dealer/show promoter of TR collecting. We who collect USA militaria have no, such vid advocate :(

Geez......I just had an 'ah-ha' moment.....for a little while I couldn't figure out what TR meant! Then it just hit me. Duh!!

506th Fighter Group Historian

Interested in all items relating to the 7th AAF, especially those of the VLR P-51 Pilots of the 15th, 21st, and 506th Fighter Groups.

donation2016.gif

Let's get some WWII USMC photos!!

I collect items from The Battle of Iwo Jima (1945).

Top Iwo Jima Items I'm Looking For:

1) IDed 5th MarDiv Corpsman Jumper or Forest Green Coat.

2) IDed Coast Guard Navy Jumper

3) IDed CB's Sea Bee's Navy Jumper

4) IDed 147th Infantry Regiment Army Service Coat

5) IDed 32nd ID Army Service Coat (Occupation Kyushu with 5th MarDiv).

I am always looking for named and dated WWII USMC Forest Green wool alpha jackets/coats from the 5th Marine Division or other units who participated in the battle.

My Blog "Marines In Forest Green" http://marinesinfore...n.blogspot.com/

Geez......I just had an 'ah-ha' moment.....for a little while I couldn't figure out what TR meant! Then it just hit me. Duh!!

TR = Trashy Relics ;)

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Friday just ended, and being at the SOS for the first time, it was absolutely overwhelming. I intended to get some pictures to put here but just couldn't get out of my state of awe. Did get to meet some fellow forum members and it was great to get to chat with those I saw.

And if you are worried about TR dominance, I would say it is in the majority, but not by much, maybe 40-45% US/Allies to 55-60% TR/Axis.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Looking for:

WWII-KW Enlisted/NCO marked M1s

Items related to the Fort Pierce Naval Amphibious Training Base

Medals awarded to Floridians

It is like any other show, some items priced low and some high. The dealers that are there to make money are making deals. With 1900 tables you can't not find something to buy. I like it better this year, IMO the TR is toned down. Lots of uniforms from all eras and several countries. I met some great guys from the forum and look forward to meeting more tomorrow.

I took a few pictures that I will upload tonight.

Looking for items from the 38th Infantry Regiment

Feel free to read/leave For Sale section feedback: CLICK HERE

ASMIC: 5218

"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

-General George S. Patton Jr.

I could only stay Thursday had to run back to MI last night. Wish I could of stayed longer. I met and got to chat with some great members. I was buying WWII medal groups and there were some great items for sale ranging from 100 bucks to 10,000+. I saw guys get great bargain hunting deals for a hundred or less. Myself I picked up some great items from great forum members. As for pictures I didn't take any because I have been scolded in the past for even having my cell out to look up information. Here is a shot of what I bought though. Can't wait until next year and the show isn't even over.

Pete

post-236-0-39330500-1393633604.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

!!!!! Wanted!!!!!!!

USMC Chosin Reservoir Medal Groups

Cross Groupings: Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, and Distinguished Flying Cross Medal Groups

I could only stay Thursday had to run back to MI last night. Wish I could of stayed longer. I met and got to chat with some great members. I was buying WWII medal groups and there were some great items for sale ranging from 100 bucks to 10,000+. I saw guys get great bargain hunting deals for a hundred or less. Myself I picked up some great items from great forum members. As for pictures I didn't take any because I have been scolded in the past for even having my cell out to look up information. Here is a shot of what I bought though. Can't wait until next year and the show isn't even over.

Pete

Really??!!, cell phone cops?? I'd like to hear the rest of that story

Seeking anything attributed to General Clifford Bluemel

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Day two is done and I will go back for a little while tomorrow morning. I bypass all the TR tables and never felt like there was not enough US stuff. I walk faster than most and each day it took me the entire show time to walk through once. But even walking through a second time today, as I will again tomorrow, dealers keep adding more items to the tables (you have to since so much sells!). As some have talked about prices, you can tell right away the TR, as well as US tables, that are set up as museums with prices (or no prices, which is a red flag to me) versus the dealers looking to make money and move items.

Here are the "Smaller" finds so far as a teaser shot. I also picked up a very interesting Vietnam Navy Pilot POW grouping, some great Generals uniforms, a couple amazing CBI groupings, overseas cap collection, dog tag collection, and more, and more...

Sorry, no photos of the show itself, hopefully others will post as I saw a lot of people taking some with cameras.

DSCN5320.JPG

Ebay Sales: wwii.uniform.collector

Auctioneer Website: http://www.cnymilitaria.com

Facebook Sales Group

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I have had the pleasure of seeing fellow forum members

some who have stopped by my booth and others in the hall.

It is always a feeling of fellowship when I get to talk one on

one to members of this forum in person.

I really enjoy hearing about everyone's latest find

and or what is on the "want list" !

It stinks that there is not more time to converse

and share many more stories about our collecting

passion and what deals were scored.

I trully appreciate seeing each and everyone of you

guys whom I have had time to chat with.

wishing all the members good hunting and safe travels.

CS

*** NEW *** Honorplace Site for Grandfather

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

The guys back in the "new" section - over in the smaller back corner seem willing to deal and sell, the other end of the building is quite dead.

You can tell the economy is bad by the number of extremely poor put-together uniforms showing up. Some are just pathetic. There is a rack of WWII USMC Dress that have modern, merrowed edge Mar Div patches added....I mean c'mon if you're going to try and screw a fellow collector put a tiny bit of effort in! However, I must say it is entertaining!

Afghanistan Vet OEF 10-11 - Engineer Corps US Army.

Getting a medal means two things:

1. Someone saw you do it.

2. You didn't tick off the approval chain.
Seeking 984th Engineer Co (Land Clearance), 36th Engineer Regt/Bde, and Sanitary Corps items from all eras.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Here's a nice A2 jacket that was probably my favorite of the show...front.

post-104736-0-38179800-1393644054.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion....Carl Spackler

One of two Polar Bear Tunics. Went back to check on this one on the way out and it was sold.

post-104736-0-63676200-1393644417.jpg

This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion....Carl Spackler

Freaking awesome pics guys!!! Can't wait to see more and get all the info on the pickups!!

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

US Navy helmet with D-Day markings for a mere $5500. Sorry the pic is little blurry.

post-104736-0-69618900-1393644912.jpg

The best photo for last. This is Edgar Harrell 1 of only 317 veterans who survived the sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis.

post-104736-0-40086200-1393645422.jpg

The best photo for last. This is Edgar Harrell 1 of only 317 veterans who survived the sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis.

I think that was one of my high school teacher's uncles!

Looking for any WWII 104th "Timberwolf" Division items.

Including items from the 413th, 414th, and 415th Infantry Regiments 104th Recon Troop, 329th Engineer Battalion, 329th Medical Battalion

385th, 386th, 387th, and 929th Field Artillery Battalions 804th Ordnance Company 104th Quartermaster Company 104th Signal Company

555th Anti-Aircraft Battalion, 750th Tank Battalion 692nd Tank Destroyer Battalion 817th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2014.gif

The TR stuff was down from previous years, I don't know about the economy complaints and stuff being slow, my sales were great! I got some awesome items and am coming home with more money than I went with so, I'm pleased. As for photo's, I just plain forgot to take some today. I was busy looking at all the awesome stuff! Let me say what we've said for years: The SOS has got to be experienced, it cannot be explained. Photo's do NOT do it justice!

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."