USN Slate Grey Uniforms

topdcnut

I opened this topic as an extension of the discussions on the grey knox officers hat,I hope others will submit unusual items and knowlege they have aquired over time.

Maybe along the way someone will come up with a copy of the change to the 41 uniform regs that introduced the Slate Grey Uniform.

The first item I am submitting is not an official uniform item but very interesting none the less. The label reads: Battle Jacket, Made by Summers Los Angeles, of Hegos Paratwill, durable water repellent rayon and cotton fabric. Worn by a USNR Ensign.

T/Y John

post-2723-1211459157.jpg

KASTAUFFER
I opened this topic as an extension of the discussions on the grey knox officers hat,I hope others will submit unusual items and knowlege they have aquired over time.

Maybe along the way someone will come up with a copy of the change to the 41 uniform regs that introduced the Slate Grey Uniform.

The first item I am submitting is not an official uniform item but very interesting none the less. The label reads: Battle Jacket, Made by Summers Los Angeles, of Hegos Paratwill, durable water repellent rayon and cotton fabric. Worn by a USNR Ensign.

T/Y John

Interesting jacket ! I am assuming that one is a private purchase jacket too. Was he an aviator ? I cant make out the leather nametag .

I have a grey uniform worn by a Naval Aviator and it has his bullion wing sewn to it. I will try and take a pic of it later.

Kurt

Interesting jacket ! I am assuming that one is a private purchase jacket too. Was he an aviator ? I cant make out the leather nametag .

I have a grey uniform worn by a Naval Aviator and it has his bullion wing sewn to it. I will try and take a pic of it later.

Kurt

In time I will be posting pics of a grey midshipmans hat and a USCG EM1cl jacket in bullion.

The leather patch on the coat has his name,USN officers crest and ENS. USNR

John

Here is a USCG Electricians mate 1st cl with coast guard mark in bullion made by Meier Co in Chicago

Tailor made by A G Meier of Chicago with Coast Guard mark and Electricians mate 1st cl in bullion.

post-2723-1211507078.jpg

post-2723-1211542477.jpg

As un popular as this uniform was here are a few of the companies making tailor made slate greys for the guys willing to pay.

KASTAUFFER

Here is my 1 and only grey jacket!

Naval Aviator's uniform to a LT. named to him in the pocket. It Has some mothing, but since it is the only example of a grey uniform with a wing I have found , I figured it would be criminal to strip it.

grey.JPG

grey1.JPG

Here is my 1 and only grey jacket!

Naval Aviator's uniform to a LT. named to him in the pocket. It Has some mothing, but since it is the only example of a grey uniform with a wing I have found , I figured it would be criminal to strip it.

post-105-1211939537.jpg

post-105-1211939546.jpg

Nice uniform is there a makers tag in it?

KASTAUFFER

None at all, just a standard white " name and address " tag in the pocket . His name is stamped on it.

Kurt