Does anyone have Mark Brando's book?

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

Concerning "101st Airborne: The Screaming Eagles at Normandy " Does anyone have this book? If so, I was wondering if you could look up a photo for me in the back of the book. I want to make sure its there before buying it. If you have it, please let me know. thumbsup.gif Thanks!

Justin

CNY Militaria

In the back of the book, in the 200's (I believe) is a picture of 2LT Harlan Rugg, 81st AAA, 101st Airborne. He is wearing an overseas cap with a loosely attached patch. I have some of his original items, and would like his picture to go with them. Thanks!

Justin

Mark has some great books including his latest work, "Avenging Eagles" which covers some of the forbidden tales of 101st history - but I must clarify his last name is Bando , Brando is a dead movie actor.

CNY Militaria

I asked about Rugg a long time ago, and he is shown in one of the books because Rugg wore his para patch pinned, rarther than sewn to his cap. I forgot which book and page however.

Schottzie,

First of all, his name is Mark Bando. Not Mark Brando ;)

Second, I couldn't find your photo neither. Not in 'Vanguard of the Crusade' and 'Screaming Eagles at Normandy'.

Maybe you can send Mark an email, he probably knows.

Bando's books are worth every single dollar.. You shouldn't hesitate to buy them ;) . The AB books hardly get any better then Bando's and Detrez' books..

But if you want 'Vanguard of the Crusade' you have to be quick. The stopped the production of the books, and there are only a few left..

Rugg was KIA on D-Day, he lies at Colleville-sur Mer. But you probably knew that already..

CNY Militaria

Sorry guys, I always read it as "Brando" and never noticed there isn't an "r". Pretty strange indeed! think.gif

Also, I just checked again, and was told his picture is in Bando's Normandy book in the page 80's, probably page 84. I may be wrong, but will knor for sure tonight when I hear back from someone else with more info.

Justin

Nope.. not in 'Vanguard of the Crusade' and 'Screaming Eagles at Normandy'..

On page 84 of S.E.A.N is this picture of Doc. Lage and his medics in Saint Come du Mont:

paras7pb.jpg

I've looked through these two books, but I can't find your picture... Sorry..