PASGT Helmet Head Band Question

anton67

I picked up this PASGT off of ebay.

I was wondering about the headband.

The PASGTs I have seen in the past had Velcro clips.

This on has metal clips.

I was wondering if the headband would be correct for this helmet and whether is is military issue?

Also, any other info on the helmet would be appreciated.

Oh and what cover would be the most appropriate for this helmet?

Thank you in advance.

post-63438-0-90967000-1393299775.jpg

SergeantMajorGray

Looks like L-1 (large size 1) in the crown there. I thought all the sweatbands were metal clips (all mine are) velcro ones might be the newest model from the early 2000's.

Great guys.

Thank you for the help.

I have a nice Chocolate chip and a Major's ranked Desert Cammo that I could use in size M/L.

That is the correct size I want, right?

Oh and I also wanted to ask, for Operation Desert Storm the head band would be clip and not Velcro, is that correct?

SergeantMajorGray

Great guys.

Thank you for the help.

I have a nice Chocolate chip and a Major's ranked Desert Cammo that I could use in size M/L.

That is the correct size I want, right?

Oh and I also wanted to ask, for Operation Desert Storm the head band would be clip and not Velcro, is that correct?

Yes for both questions may be a tight fit but should work.

last pic

BTW, it is a size LARGE.

The M/L cover fits tightly but nicely.

I have another PASGT that is a size L-2 which is an extra large and the cover barely fits.

This is a combat used helmet also.

post-63438-0-96092400-1393373481.jpg

Those friggin steel clips sucked, I loved it when the velcro came about! Would always end up being pressed into the noggin through the thin leather after wearing the stupid Kpot for days/weeks on end. And Mike is correct, Green bands are just fine for DS.

• 2 weeks later...

Anton,

There were two types of the metal clips on the Kevlar sweat bands--yours has the first model clips, which had a small wire loop which hinged over the flat edge of the clip. In the early 1990s [about 1992 or so] these began to be replaced with a metal clip which had a tab on one end that locked into a slot on the opposite side. Both metal clips were used with the narrow [1 inch wide] nylon suspension. As mentioned by HATZ above, the Velcro strap version came out in the late 90s and was made for use with the wider style suspension--this version continued to be made until fairly recently as I have seen several that were made of a "foliage green" [grey] nylon to correspond with the ACU helmet cover.

Alan