A helmet pic , and some more info ...

cepilot

Hey all .. Cepilot here again .. Unashamed posting here to get my 50 post's in so I can get on the classified -buy and sell ... So tonight a bit more about my flight gear endevors ... Here's a pic of a WWII helmet , goggles, mask and throat mic , I did on a wood display plaque .. in fact it's currently being shown at the CAF , Arizona Wing hangar complex in Mesa, AZ ... Im a member of several history groups .. first Im in my 9th year as Arizona tour coordinator with the Collings Foundation , Wings of Freedom Tour , ( B-17, B-24, B-25 and P-51 and Me-262 ...)

...and Im a board member of the Phoenix AZ Wing of the American Aviation Historical Society .. and do a lot of helmet stuff for the CAF and the RedStar pilots association .. Also Im into my 5th year as a flight gear sponsor for the Reno racing P-51, Merlis Magic , and T-6 racers , Archamedies and Midlife Madness ... and I sell ( part time garage biz' ) flight worthy helmets under the name of PHOENIX FLIGHT GEAR , which is a nice gig for a helmet builder and collector as when I sell a warbird owner a helmet , I get a ride in his airplane ! .. so I've flown most every bomber from WWII thru the Collings Foundation and fighter and trainer thru aircraft owners .. My current helmet collection is about 75 units from WWII thru current USAF combat edge stuff.. but always there seams to be stuff the collection is lacking , so Im like all of you , searching the back corners of the world for that one piece Im lacking ..

I want to thank all the people who have welcome'd me , and hope Im not to much of a pest daily posting , ( but I'll always include pictures ! ) ...but still would love to chat helmet stuff with all my fellow flight gear collectors .. thnaks .. Mike

post-151690-0-33605200-1393291497.jpg

Nice display.

Now the important question...

What'll it take to get those planes to the Buckeye state so I can do something stupid and book a flight on my credit card again?

The Collings Foundation , Wings of Freedom Tiour does 10 months on the road , and over 140 cities ! check out :

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_schedules.htm to see when they will be in your area .. this is our 20th year of

this .. hope you do get a flight .. or easy ... just volunteer ..fun way to spend a few days , especially for someone with a

background like us .. and you'll be able to ride the planes for free ! ( now ... I let it out of the bag ) .. look over the whole

web site , and see all 35 of our aircraft , and our new impressive tank and military collection museam ... Mike