Can you ID time period for this?

arclight

I am trying to figure out a timeframe for this cot. Typical construction, except for the green metal hinges, and white cloth. WWI perhaps? There's another with green cloth and red metal hinges, which I would assume is more likely WWII.

I would very much appreciate you informed response.

G

post-297-0-88413700-1393283376.jpg

G,

Hope all is well. I am thinking that this is a 1930's cot. I think it is very similar to the CCC camp cots that were in place during the Depression. It looks military but with the green hinges and red cloth that this was possibly used at a CCC camp or a Boy Scout camp..

Leigh

• 4 weeks later...

I have a cot just like that, and when you do a side-by-side conparison with a USGI wood cot, it is not as heavy duty. The wood and canvas are noticably lighter and thinner. Mine still does a great job holding my weight, though.

The consensus reached by a few of the old-timers in my group is that these cots are civilian versions. We've encountered them several times and have never come across any sort of markings or stamps that would indicate any sort of military or CCC contract.

Of course, I'd love to hear that my cot is CCC, so hopefully somebody proves me wrong!