Trenchrat - Display work in progress. Opinions welcome!

TrenchRat

Good day all.

At last, I feel comfortable posting pic's of my display room as I progress on the room design. I am in the midst of the trim work right now and hope to add some color in the next few weekends.

The first image will give an impression of what the final diplay tables will look like. Please ignore the empty space above the wainscott as I still have little clue what I will use up there. I hope the room, once complete, will have a nice early 20th century appearance.

The ramaining images are just a few pix of my collection thus far...

All opinions are welcome as I move forward.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy them...

post-92682-0-79870900-1393254405.jpg

The early 20th century group...

The cavalryman wears an original tailor-made 7th Cavalry uniform. Stand collar with pointed cuffs w/ rimless buttons...

post-92682-0-76473100-1393254744.jpg

Let me start things off by saying your displays are very impressive. I am particularly impressed how everything fits together. You have some very scarce pieces of field gear that are shown here. Looking forward to more. Regards, Jack Angolia

Thanks Jack! I appreciate that.

I should say, tho, that there are two "modern" pices shown; first being the WWII medic's helmet. The paint is not original...I happened to get that knowing it would be a LONG time till I got my hands on an original. The other is the 1906 saber...it is a modern repro...for the same reason as the helmet...

Interestingly, the USMC figure's map case appears to be a very rare M1940 example from what I have gleaned from some Forum members...

I will post more photos taken from behind the figures...alot the nice thing are there!

Thanks again...

Glenn

Very nice collection.

The uniformity of the manikins gives it a professional museum look.

As already noted you have some hard to find equipment.

This thread will be interesting to watch as you fill in the " atmosphere ".

Trenchbuff, bertmedals and Brian D,

Thanks so much for the comments. I will have more images coming very soon. Some of the best material is in the rear of the figures. I'll have to shoot some of that.

It's a blast putting these displays together so I am very glad to post here and look forward to these comments...

Thanks again...

Glenn

manayunkman,

Thanks for that. I am very glad that I was able to find the torsos and heads, that after a little work, gave me a decent half man...

Each figure will eventually have the same type of descriptive "plaque" as seen beside the WWI figures...

Infantry,

Thanks alot. I hope to add some detailed pix tomorrow and afterward. I believe I have a few rarities and plan to show them in the detailed shots...

Old Marine,

Thanks to you as well. I hope the displays are worthy of the other fine showings on this forum...

Very impressive items. You have done well displaying them. The mannequins appear "ghostly". They look like something that I would imagine coming out of the fog..

Excellent...

Leigh

Leigh,

I like your dark impression...!

I thought that real mannequin heads/faces may distract from the displays (although I have seen some great ones on the forums here), and I didn't want my figures to to have these faces that could overshadow the historical items being displayed. It's the reality that is on display here so this was my effort to focus attention to that.

Thanks for the comments, I do appreciate them...

Glenn

Outstanding displays! If you can, please post more pictures of the pre WW1 displays.

Are you using Webster Displays torsos and heads?