Women's Uniforms in Vietnam Photos

gwb123

post-467-1281915755.jpg

Captain Peyton assists a patient with his meal.

Name: PEYTON THEORA L

Branch: ARMY

Rate: O03

MOS: 3448

MOS Title: Medical-Surgical Nurse

• 4 months later...

post-467-1292628728.jpg

1Lt Charlene Abbott (O'Conner), 36th Evacuation Hospital, Vietnam.

Note the huge pocket hanger of the 36th Evac on the shirt of Major Nilza "Rosie" Hernandez.

Borrowed from an eBay auction page...

• 4 months later...
ANCLaura44

I am looking for Pants for the Womens Army uniform, but cannot find them anywhere. :pinch: Any suggestions, or alternate ideas??? I found the top at an Antique store, and picked it up for a resonable price, but have been looking for pants since Christmas :ermm:

I am looking for Pants for the Womens Army uniform, but cannot find them anywhere. :pinch: Any suggestions, or alternate ideas??? I found the top at an Antique store, and picked it up for a resonable price, but have been looking for pants since Christmas :ermm:

What you may want to do is post a message in the "Wanted" section on the forum You will get more hits in there.

....Kat

Here are war photos of the Tiger Lady, wife of the C.O. of the 44th Vietnamese Ranger Bn. Maj. Dan. She was a decorated Sgt. who went on operations with the Bn. Her motherly ability to gain information from captured V.C. definitely save lives. She was killed by her husband after she found out that he was having an affair. Notice the pearl handle 45 that she carried.

post-468-1305881911.jpg

Here is another photo of her behind a heavy machine gun that was captured on a operation. The 44th Ranger Bn was awarded the their country's National Order Fourragere and a U.S. PUC.

post-468-1305882517.jpg

• 3 years later...

post-467-0-48660600-1407875060.jpg

In this July 14, 1965, file photo, U.S. Army nurses Capt. Gladys E. Sepulveda, left, of Ponce, Puerto Rico, and 2nd Lt. Lois Ferrari, of Pittsburgh, Pa., rest on sandbags at Cam Ranh Bay in South Vietnam, during the Vietnam War. They two were waiting transportation to Nha Trang, to work in the 8th field hospital. (AP Photo, File)

post-467-0-65736100-1407876066.jpg

The Wacs Marilyn Roth, Vicki Lapinski, and Lee Wilson (left to right) pose together in field uniforms in Long Binh, Vietnam, circa 1968. By Kathryn J. Atwood.

post-467-0-91349500-1407882453.jpg

Private (Pte) Jimmy Richmond, 11 Platoon 6RAR, with US Army Nurse Moore a week after he was recovered from the battlefield [Long Tan]. Pte Richmond was wounded in the chest and spent the night after the battle at his section post. He was discovered the next morning and evacuated to an American hospital at Vung Tau for immediate treatment and later medevaced to Australia. August 1966. [AWM CUN/66/0717]

• 7 months later...
rice paddy daddy

attachicon.gifchris18q1.jpg

This was taken in early 1970 in QuangTri ... I took them on an expedition to Hue and the Citadel ... and on to visit GiaLong's tomb. Didn't taken them along my extended tour because of the apparent danger ... they were too new in-country. Picture and text by Chris Banigan.

attachicon.gifchris.jpg

Chris Banigan

Check this link for Chris Banigan's pictures in Vietnam : http://www.illyria.com/vnchris1.html

The hospital at Quang Tri Combat Base was the 18th Surg.

I was at Quang Tri 69-70.

Thank you for posting all the nurse photos. Nurses are our heroes. Luckily I was never wounded so I never got to meet one during the war, but I still love them.

• 11 months later...

post-467-0-67270200-1457903707.jpg

Denby Fawcett , Vietnam photojournalist , current Hawaii Television news anchor and journalist.

From Pinterest Vietnam War photo album.

post-467-0-78715900-1457904004.jpg

2nd LT Thelma Daida of Port Charlotte, Fla. is pictured in her fatigues while taking basic training at Shepard Air Force Base in Texas in 1965. She spent a year serving as a surgical nurse in the Air Force in Vietnam.

From donmooreswartales.files.wordpress.com

post-467-0-35643800-1457908009.jpg

A nurse from the 36th Medical Evacuation Hospital holds a small baby while waiting to board a CH-54 Tarhe helicopter for the trip to Vung Tau during Operation Little Lift, november 1968.

Photographer- Spec. 5 Ronald Delaurier.

Note the type 1 jungle jacket worn by the Army nurse.

• 2 months later...
firefighter

attachicon.gifJudy 01-XL.jpg

1LT Judy Crausbay, Vietnam 68-69.

From Pinterest SmugMug.

Great picture of a female wearing a camouflage outfit.That has to be a rare one.Awesome thread.