USMC competition badges

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim - on the photo of your badges, what is the top row, third from left? And in regards to the footlocker, I just have the current issue wooden one that I had while I was in.

Semper Fidelis, to all Marines past, present and future..

*Remembering CWO3 James Warren Maddox, USMC 1957-2018*

LOOKING FOR EARLY USMC CHEVRONS & RANK INSIGNIA, COMPETITIVE MARKSMANSHIP AWARDS, RECRUITING MATERIALS AND POSTERS, PHOTOGRAPHS, PENNANTS, SIGNATURES, EARLY NUMBERED CAMPAIGN MEDALS, PRE-1900 USMC GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, USMC ENGRAVED NAVY MARKSMANSHIP MEDAL, ANY MATERIALS RELATED TO 1ST BATTALION 9TH MARINES OR ANY OF THE THREE SHIPS BEARING THE NAME "USS MADDOX".

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Jim - on the photo of your badges, what is the top row, third from left? And in regards to the footlocker, I just have the current issue wooden one that I had while I was in.

Thief

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

No worries. Me and him go back a ways, just couldn't resist giving him some guff

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

RIP
Sgt John P Huling
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Hahahaha yeah Brig I'm "the one". I just tactically acquired a few items from our supply locker when we were moving to a new building. Gunny was with me too and if the Gunny gives his blessing, who am I to say no? Some cultures are offended by that yknow

LOOKING FOR EARLY USMC CHEVRONS & RANK INSIGNIA, COMPETITIVE MARKSMANSHIP AWARDS, RECRUITING MATERIALS AND POSTERS, PHOTOGRAPHS, PENNANTS, SIGNATURES, EARLY NUMBERED CAMPAIGN MEDALS, PRE-1900 USMC GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, USMC ENGRAVED NAVY MARKSMANSHIP MEDAL, ANY MATERIALS RELATED TO 1ST BATTALION 9TH MARINES OR ANY OF THE THREE SHIPS BEARING THE NAME "USS MADDOX".

What an awesome group! Do you know the recipient? Also, just an FYI, the combat action ribbon is upside-down (but that is pretty common). Can you post some close ups of the front and back of the DIS?

• 2 months later...

Well since nobody is here. I'll just wait and see if anybody thinks this is blasphemy or honoring?

attachicon.gifShep 003.JPG

Looks like it's the badge to accompany this trophy... http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-national-matches/national-trophies-and-national-trophy-winners/national-trophy-individual-and-aggregate-rifle-awards/general-shepherd-trophy/

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

RIP
Sgt John P Huling
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

I have something else,but I know it would piss off the Sergeant Major. Maybe I'll show it if he promises not to kick my butt.

SgtMaj?

Do you mean Sgt Maddox?

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

RIP
Sgt John P Huling
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

Thanks for the promotion! And please share anyway! :D love that Shepherd Trophy.... if you ever decide to move it, I know a good home for it!

• 1 month later...

Jim,

Second row, fourth from left.. does that say Pacific Trophy? If so, that is a put-together badge. and all the way on the right side, can you post photos of the third from top and fourth from top? Amazing collection! Love seeing it every time!

The Pacific is the earlier version of the Finn Trophy (it's a pistol match) so should have the same lower half as your top row. Can you also show a photo of your medal in the top right corner?

• 4 months later...