Jump to content

Naval Stations & Shore Commands - NAVSTA CENTERS SCHOOLS FACS


sigsaye
 Share

Recommended Posts

Patchcollector

Nice patches.Thanks for posting the back views of your patches Sigsaye.I know it takes a little more time.We patch geeks appreciate it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Salvage Sailor

Another plaque - where did the USMC in Southeast Asia get their ammo from courtesy of the USN?

 

US Naval Magazine Subic Bay - Marine Corps Liason

USMC Subic Bay 01.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Salvage Sailor

Pearl Harbor Navy Yard - Established in 1908, name changed to Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard after WWII

 

Pearl Harbor Navy Yard.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Salvage Sailor

NAVFAC Nantucket, Mass.

 

Naval Facility Nantucket was commissioned 1 August 1955 and was located at Tom Never’s Head, the southernmost tip of the island, approximately twelve miles from the town of Nantucket, Massachusetts. The island, fifteen miles long and four miles wide, is surrounded by eighty-eight miles of sandy beaches. Tom Nevers Naval Facility was founded in 1955 as a submarine listening base. It was built on land that the Navy had used as a bombing range during World War II. The facility also held a bomb shelter for President John F. Kennedy, to be used in the event of a nuclear attack, if President Kennedy was in Hyannisport. The NAVFAC operated for twenty-one years and was decommissioned 30 June 1976.

NAVFAC NANTUCKET MA 001.jpg

NAVFAC NANTUCKET MA 002.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Salvage Sailor

NAVFAC Centerville Beach, California

 

Naval Facility Centerville Beach was commissioned on 25 March 1958. From the original compliment of ninety-five personnel and sixteen buildings, it grew to 280 personnel and twenty-four major structures. The facility was located approximately 260 miles north of San Francisco and 100 miles south of the Oregon border. It was situated on thirty-seven acres of rolling pasture land on a 320 foot cliff overlooking the Eel River Valley to the North and bordered by the Pacific Ocean to the West. In addition to its operational responsibilities, NAVFAC Centerville Beach also marked the location of the Readiness Training Facility from 1978 to 1985. After weathering three earthquakes in 1992, NAVFAC Centerville Beach was re-terminated at NOPF Whidbey Island and decommissioned 30 September 1993 after nearly thirty-five years of dedicated service.

NAVFAC CENTERVILLE BEACH 001.jpg

NAVFAC CENTERVILLE BEACH 002.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.