Show of Shows

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear all -

I can not wait for the 2014 Show of Shows at the Kentucky Exposition Center from February 27 thru March 2nd. I'm sure you are all well aware of this event :). Quick question about it - how often do WWII WAVE items appear at the show? (will it be difficult to find etc.?). I know that this is the largest military show around. I've been there a few times. I'm sure some of you are planning to attend as well.

Sincerely,

Christine Albin

Christine,

I am sure that you be able to find WAVE items here. If I remember correctly, there was even a WAVE reenactor walking around the last couple years.

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

I’ve definitely seen WAVE material at the SOS. The same is true of WAF, WASP, and WAC/WAAC militaria. Unfortunately I don’t recall the names of the dealers who've typically had the most. Maybe someone else here can suggest a few names. It’s easy to overlook items just wandering around the show because it’s so large. … always good to have a few names when it comes to specialty items.

Dear all -

Yes, please - if anyone can drop some names of dealers who might have WAVE items at the Show of Shows, that will be great :). Normally i look for home-front memorabilia and sweetheart jewelry, but WWII WAVE items are taking precedent this year. It will make my job a lot easier when i walk through the doors on Thu. If so, I'll make sure to have the names on hand so i can stick it into that big booklet they hand out. This forum has been awesome thus far and would appreciate any help you guys could give.

Sincerely,

Christine A.

Everyone-

I'm looking forward to another SOS and trying to track down a gentleman who had quite a bit of Vietnam-era Air Force material at last year's show - if I remember correctly he was in the secondary room, all the way in the far corner on the same side of the room as the main entrance for members/public. He had a large group with flight suits and a ball cap from an Aerial Port Squadron commander hanging behind his table. I lost his card sometime after the show and would like to reconnect with him- anyone know who this might be or if he is returning for 2014?

Thanks!

Always interested in buying Vietnam-era Air Force, Army helicopter units, and Illinois veteran items.

Looking for items identified to Captain Charles M. Porter, Company C, 131st Infantry, 33rd Division AEF.

donation2013.gif

Dear all -

I can not wait for the 2014 Show of Shows at the Kentucky Exposition Center from February 27 thru March 2nd. I'm sure you are all well aware of this event :). Quick question about it - how often do WWII WAVE items appear at the show? (will it be difficult to find etc.?). I know that this is the largest military show around. I've been there a few times. I'm sure some of you are planning to attend as well.

Sincerely,

Christine Albin

I found this WAC Canteen there a couple of years ago just digging through a box of misc stuff.

post-33000-0-05755300-1392745695.jpg post-33000-0-49758400-1392745705.jpg post-33000-0-35961300-1392745714.jpg

USMC 2/2 Fox Co 0311 & 1st Recon Bn Delta Co. 0321. 1986 - 1995 (Desert Storm 90/91)

US Army Long Range Surveillance Co F 425th INF ABN LRS Team 1-6 2003 - 2005 (Iraqi Freedom 03/04)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

You are referring to Dave Petzoldt, and he should be their. Great guy, retired Air Force and always has some nice A.F items.

Thanks!

Always interested in buying Vietnam-era Air Force, Army helicopter units, and Illinois veteran items.

Looking for items identified to Captain Charles M. Porter, Company C, 131st Infantry, 33rd Division AEF.

donation2013.gif

Wish I was able to go this year, but college and work have my butt! Let me know if there's any 104th stuff! lol!

Looking for any WWII 104th "Timberwolf" Division items.

Including items from the 413th, 414th, and 415th Infantry Regiments 104th Recon Troop, 329th Engineer Battalion, 329th Medical Battalion

385th, 386th, 387th, and 929th Field Artillery Battalions 804th Ordnance Company 104th Quartermaster Company 104th Signal Company

555th Anti-Aircraft Battalion, 750th Tank Battalion 692nd Tank Destroyer Battalion 817th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2014.gif

Dear all -

Sincerely,

Christine Albin

There is EVERYTHING at this show. You just have to look at every table, unless it is obvious the dealer has everything you don't want (firearms, TR stuff, etc). Don't be afraid to ask "Do you have any WAVE items?" - so many dealers bring more stuff than they can fit on their tables.

Make sure that when you walk in there, that you have a small notebook and plan to hit the tables in some logical form. The notebook is to write down the table numbers because more likely than not, the dealers w/ those tables will be walking the floor. Then you can return to the table later and make that deal!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Member, ASMIC.

Editor, ASMIC's The Trading Post

ASMIC Executive VP

Everyone-

I'm looking forward to another SOS and trying to track down a gentleman who had quite a bit of Vietnam-era Air Force material at last year's show - if I remember correctly he was in the secondary room, all the way in the far corner on the same side of the room as the main entrance for members/public. He had a large group with flight suits and a ball cap from an Aerial Port Squadron commander hanging behind his table. I lost his card sometime after the show and would like to reconnect with him- anyone know who this might be or if he is returning for 2014?

Thanks!

Jeeperz83

Dave is not able to make this years show due to a work commitment. A bummer as him and I share the hotel room and follow each other up there.

If you stop by table D 30-32, I can hook you up with his contact info.

Steve

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Jeeperz83

Dave is not able to make this years show due to a work commitment. A bummer as him and I share the hotel room and follow each other up there.

If you stop by table D 30-32, I can hook you up with his contact info.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks very much for the info, I'll plan on stopping by.

Shane

donation2013.gif

This will be my second show. I was told Fed Ex or UPS had a table where you can take items and have them packed and shipped home. I did not see that last year. Anyone know anything about that???

I saw the table, it's in the very back by the concession stands and eating area.

Afghanistan Vet OEF 10-11 - Engineer Corps US Army.

Getting a medal means two things:

1. Someone saw you do it.

2. You didn't tick off the approval chain.
Seeking 984th Engineer Co (Land Clearance), 36th Engineer Regt/Bde, and Sanitary Corps items from all eras.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

I was thinking of not going this year... Changed my mind last week... :D

See y'all there on Fri & Sat! Save me some good stuff!

~Sean

WANTED: Philippine Department & Division patch variations, uniforms, & other items.
~In honor of Private Placido Conejos, 14th Engineer Regt. (Philippine Scouts). KIA on Bataan, 02/13/1942

My links: Lolo's (Grandfather's) WWII Service | My Mini-Museum of Sea Lions and Carabaos ASMIC Newsletter Editor (4653) | PSHS Nat. Secretary & Webmaster

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifimage.png.b6b9b30c229769336acc011171a4f63d.png

I just about finished packing for the show...maybe 85%-90% done...now I have to only load the truck and head toward Louisville...a little for us all...

Six full boxes

2009-01-01 007.JPG

Four full boxes...Four display cases full

2009-01-01 004.JPG

Always Buying...Medals...Patches...Wings... Singles or Groups...Top Cash Paid!!!

My Website...http://www.purpleheartsnorthcarolina.com/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Looks like you are locked n' loaded Robert, that is quite a bit of stuff!!!

My trade/sale/display pile is a tad smaller, but I think it is still nice :)

Philip

post-25965-0-10310500-1392953691.jpg

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif