Show of Shows

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those going I just posted some bulky WWII AAF/Navy camera gear that can be delivered to the show and save some serious shipping:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/200410-fstrade-k-22-camera-lense-usn-torpedo-camera-will-haul-to-sos-14/

Afghanistan Vet OEF 10-11 - Engineer Corps US Army.

Getting a medal means two things:

1. Someone saw you do it.

2. You didn't tick off the approval chain.
Seeking 984th Engineer Co (Land Clearance), 36th Engineer Regt/Bde, and Sanitary Corps items from all eras.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Brig, I had 2 rieker mounts filled with WWI - WWII EGA's last SOS. No one looked at a single one.

what's wrong with USMC collectors these days? I'd've flipped every one of them to see the markings

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

what's wrong with USMC collectors these days? I'd've flipped every one of them to see the markings

I feel there is so much to look at the SOS a person can lose their focus. For those that can stay on message and stay on track their a great buys to be had. Even if you buy nothing the experience of the show is worth it. IMO

donation2017.gif

I hear the hotel bar at nights of the SoS is worth it :D

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I hear the hotel bar at nights of the SoS is worth it :D

Yes but the bar tab can cut into your spending money if not careful. It is truly a good time even if you buy nothing. It Is 3 to 4 days of nothing but militaria with like minded souls

donation2017.gif

I got my trip all booked up for this year. This will be my 2nd show of shows. Going to stop at Fort Campbell for 2 days before the show and go to the 101st museum, 160th SOAR gift shop and hit all the surplus shows around that area. If you are making the drive from Texas I highly recommend stopping by the 101st Museum in Fort Campbell and then stopping at the General George Patton Museum in Fort Knox if you have time. Hopefully you guys will bring some OIF/OEF related gear and challenge coins. I know last year there was slim pickings for OIF/OEF gear and it seems most of the challenge coins where picked up before I got to the tables but overall the show had great stuff and I defiantly learned a whole lot of knowledge about other eras of militaria. Really enjoyed myself and cant wait to do it again this year. See you all soon...

Yes but the bar tab can cut into your spending money if not careful. It is truly a good time even if you buy nothing. It Is 3 to 4 days of nothing but militaria with like minded souls

That's why the sgtdorango after show helmet party is so good. It's BYOB but there is always extra oat sodas available. Plus you get to geek out on the helmets found during the day... :lol:

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

Patton Museum is still at Ft. Knox.

Thanks for the info.

I went to the website for the museum and found the following:

Where are the tanks and other vehicles?

Not all the tanks moved to Fort Benning, GA with the relocation of the former cavalry and armor museum. In fact, the pace of transformation of the new General George Patton Museum of Leadership at Fort Knox is increasing. Several pieces of historic armor and other vehicles formerly displayed inside and in front of the museum are undergoing extensive restoration and will return to the Patton Museum.

These vehicles include the M7 'Priest' self-propelled 105mm howitzer; M10 tank destroyer and 'Easy-8' Sherman. Soldiers of the 19th Engineer Battalion, assisted by Soldiers from HQ, US Army Cadet Command, transported these vehicles to the restoration motor pool last December, where they are will be repainted using historic colors and markings.

They will return to the museum as part of permanent indoor exhibits. According to museum director Chris Kolakowski, this important work will be completed by late summer 2012. "This is a very visible and important project," he added. "We know that the public is very interested in the museum's vehicle collection. This is a tangible way for people to know that the link between Ft. Knox and the history of armor remains an important consideration for the museum. At the same time, these armored vehicles will support our new focus on Army leadership.

Also found the museum was closed for a while and reopened April 1, 2011.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Hi

Well it is official i will be making the trip across the atlantic...

It will be my first visit to the SOS, so i am really excited.

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

a virtual museum at theoverlordcollection.co.uk

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

Hi

Well it is official i will be making the trip across the atlantic...

It will be my first visit to the SOS, so i am really excited.

Regards

Tom

Hey Tom, that's fantastic news! You're going to be amazed and in awe of just how large this show is! When I walked into the convention hall for the first time a few years ago, I couldn't believe my eyes and I just didn't know where to start!

Fortunately I'm 6' 4" and can see over a lot of tables and spot things I'm looking for from a distance! :)

Maybe I'll bring a small aerial drone this year so I can do some recon from 30 feet up! :)

Anyway, have a safe trip over and be sure to stop by our table, (row BB tables 40-42) and say hi to Tom, Mike and I.

See you there!

Rick

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2017.gif

Collector of WWII M-1helmets and WWII Airborne items

Hi

I can assure you i cannot wait. I will attempt to remember to say hello to a few people.

I will be wondering around wearing Overlord Collection T-shirts, so feel free to stop me.

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

a virtual museum at theoverlordcollection.co.uk

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

What time Wednesday can dealers pick up thier packets and the 2 load in badges?

Are they still doing that?

I missed it last year by 15 min...

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Yes JERRY, bring BEER. Last year I got mine at 2

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collecting Marine Raider Groups

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

Will the guest veterans be there Thursday? Just mailed off my membership dues ( I know, should have done it earlier). Hopefully everything will be processed in time.

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Thanks I JUST got my packet with all of the info today!! Dealer packet pick up from 1-6pm Hall opens at 5-8 for load in.

We lose an hour with the time zone so that messed us up last time.

And sorry Nick, I am on the wagon...

(The BEER WAGON!!!)

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Be VERY careful, shopping Wednesday night can be painful for your budget! It's no fun to go broke on day one! It can be good for the rest of you as discounts are available to help me restock the hobby fund on Thursday!

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

Glad to see so many are going again this year looks like it will be great as always. If anyone needs something a local guy may be able to help with feel free to PM me. Being born and raised in Louisville I'm sure I can answer questions or give some recomondations for anything you mite need or want to know about.