Ebay warning...A.C.F.C. Pilot wing reproduction.

rustywings

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank you all for the encouraging comments and I just want to cast the spotlight on John, "B-17 Guy" from the forum. Without his pictorial research, into the "fakes" I could not have completed this write up....A Great "Thanks" to you on that.

Also, a little more information on the Wings from John and Ron from Flying Tigers Antiques. We were discussing the thread and as we spoke, they had an exchange which clarified something that I had not nailed down as a pertinent fact in thinking through these wings. The Silver plated Brass ACFC Wings were THE original Wings utilized by the Air Corps Ferrying Command civilian contract pilots during its existence between May 29 1941 and July 1st 1942 when ATC was created and given Operational Authority by Arnold. Now, the STERLING CIVILIAN (they were not officially military) ACFC wings were given to the WFTD, WAFS, WASPs who joined the Ferrying Division of the ATC as their ATC wings between November 1942 when the WAFS and WFTD Classes got going to December 17 1943 when the OFFICIAL WASP wings were disbursed to 43-W-8 WASP Class. If there were ANY Silver Plated Brass given the WASP Flyers, I have NOT seen them. So the Silver Plated Brass ACFC Wings are typically going to be the civilian pilots who ferried aircraft between May 29, 1941 and July 1, 1943. Blessings in Collecting and Thanks again John and also Russ for his excellent attention to detail which made me look even further into these rare and special wings.

Correction on 2nd to last sentence "So the Silver Plated Brass ACFC Wings are typically going to be the MALE civilian CONTRACT pilots who ferried aircraft for the Air Corp Ferrying Command between May 29, 1941 and July 1, 1942... NOT 1943" sorry about that guys....