Does anyone sell cheap, acid-free archival frames with UV glass or acrylic?

Martygraw

I have a few WWII photos of various sizes I'd like to frame and display. I've searched a few archival supplies websites, and most archival-quality frames I've seen cost around $50. The frames cost more than the photos are worth, but I obviously don't want the photos to fade or stain. Does anyone know of a company that sells cheap, ready-made archival frames with UV protection?

Anything archival and UV protective is not going to be cheap and if it were, I would worry about the quality. I look at quality framing as an investment. I have a portfolio of stuff that needs to be framed and I get it done a little at a time when cash flow allows it.

• 1 year later...
CombatEng44

I've found the best place for framing is Hobby Lobby. They have big sales and know their business..at least, the one I go to. I bought museum quality glass on the front(at 1/2 price) and a lesser quality on the back since it is out of the light. Acid-free matting on both sides and a beautiful framing job. I've brought about 10 pieces to them and happy each time.

This was ALL custom but you can also buy the ready made frames(again, at 1/2 price) and they will place any type of glass and matting you want.