Viet Cong made 1911 pistol

tarbridge

I'm kinda digging that holster, I've not seen one like it before. It looks pretty unused. Does it look like the pistol spent much time in it?

It fits perfectly...

Robert that is one great piece of VC history.In all my years at my shop I bought only one VC made weapon which was a shotgun with the capture papers.That pistol is a jewel compared to the shot gun it was a one shot zip style with a piece of pipe for a barrel.Thank you for showing it.Scotty

I have a WWII Colt that was converted to 7.62x25 Tokarev. I think most people consider these to be converted by the VC in crude jungle workshops. But I have read some people say they were converted by the Chinese after the Communists took over in 47 and from captured Korean War weapnos. Then a lot were then shipped to Vietnam during the war. I don't know honestly what the whole truth is, but this one was supposed to be a Vietnam Bring back. A good friend of mine bought it from the returning vet in the 1970's. When he passed away I got it from the estate. It's interesting to say the least. It was welded on and then cut out to modify the firearm. Also the magwell is hollowed out to fit the Tokarev mag.

Sorry for the crude pics. I took these many years ago at my old house before I built my photobooth. Maybe sometime soon I should update them. But it's an interesting piece. I just wish it could talk. :)

Remington700022.jpg

Remington700023.jpg

Remington700026.jpg

Remington700027.jpg

Remington700028.jpg

Remington700030.jpg

Remington700031.jpg

Very cool. just learned something new.I never knew they, Communist's, converted the 1911A1's before.I guess it was the only Americans they could convert. :D

I remember handling one of those M1911A1's converted to fire 7.62x25 mm Tokarev ammo, I think it had a sleeve in the barrel for the smaller caliber round? the dealer told me it was a Chi Com conversion

I recently sold my Vietnam 1911A1 conversion. It was a Remington and also had a shoulder stock attachment. It was really neat!

I can't believe they did that to a Remington 1911A1. :o

the dark grips look like they might be made out of water buffalo horn? and the lanyard loop looks like a flat steel washer.

Possible on the grips and yes on the loop...

First off, LUCKY FIND, I never have been able to get a hold of one. Way back in the days of Shotgun News I was second in line for one but of course I didn't get it. The Cao Dai sect started their own Army in 1943 during the Japanese invasion. I would guess they started making weapons then. As BOLO stated the Vietnamese would use what ever they could get their hands on inflict damage on their enemy. I was in Tay Ninh in 1969 and the Cao Dai had a Pyramid with the large Divine Eye painted on it. Very intimidating! They fought the French and Communists. L.T.

Lovely temple of their's in Tay Ninh. And an interesting mix of religion.