Preview of upcoming "Unbroken"

strawberry 9

I saw them talking about this man during the olympics, maybe it was a commercial im not sure as i just caught the end....looks like an amazing story and guy, looking forward to seeing the movie!.....mike

Great story but can't stand to watch movies concerning Japanese brutality. Too close to home.

5 family members were Pacific War vets. In addition, my trumpet teacher marched and survived the Bataan Death March with a Japanese shell fragment in his leg.

I know the story first person.

W

Read the book. "Unbroken" An amazing true story about an amazing human being and his unbelievable journey. Can't wait to see the film.

Bobgee

If this book were written as a fictional story you would say that the author went overboard and it is just to sentational to be true. It's hard to believe that one man went through so much.

I don't see movies anymore because we have a little guy, and well, I don't think Hollywood has made anything worth a hoot for a long time. I'll probably watch this and Fury, though...

I don't see movies anymore because we have a little guy, and well, I don't think Hollywood has made anything worth a hoot for a long time. I'll probably watch this and Fury, though...

So true. We don't go to movies much for these and other reasons. But Unbroken was such an outstanding book that I'll have to see the film in the theater. Glad that Louis is alive5 to keep Hollywood and Jolie in check on the production.

- S

Read the book as well. Awesome! Like mentioned before, it is an amazing story and would be hard to believe if it wasn't actually a true story. I was worried that the movie wouldn't live up to the book, but it has a good look to it and appears that it will be good. Looking forward to seeing it. I would love to see it in the theater, but tough to find the time nowadays.

Incredible story and a remarkable life. Reminds me some what of Eddie Rickenbacker. WW I ace, crashed in the Pacific during WW II (not picked up by the Japanese), adrift for 3 weeks +, raced at and owned the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and finally crashed in a commercial airliner trying to land in a storm at Atlanta's airport.

Some people just have a life thrown at them.

Would love to see a movie on his life as well.

• 3 months later...
nuts121944

Louis Zamperini is an amazing man. Not only did he survive the war, He came home and battled alcohol and nightmares every time he closed his eyes. Then he went to a Billy Graham crusade and came to know Jesus Christ. Through Him, Louis was able to overcome all the obstacles in his way concerning the war. Louis gives all credit and glory to God and is not afraid to speak of his faith. If you want an even more in-depth look into Louis' live, he published his own memoir back in 1956 titled "Devil at my Heels" which has been recently re-released in a more expanded version. It is an even better read than "Unbroken" as it was written by the man himself! I HIGHLY recommend reading "Devil at my Heels". It is so much more personal and detailed. If you loved "Unbroken" (which was a fantastic book!) you'll LOVE "Devil at my Heels". I also read an article in the past few days that Louis was recently name Grand Marshall of the 2015 Rose Bowl parade. He is quite the guy!

Government Issue

I'm eagerly anticipating this one. The book was outstanding, and the film looks very promising.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
airborneaviator

I actually just finished reading the book and didn't realize they were making a movie, it looks really good.

I have a feeling this one will be very special if it is done properly. Like I said before, I am really looking forward to it!

JD

Sad news. As noted in another post today, Mr. Zamperini passed yesterday at age 97. R.I.P. Sir.