Thermos Carrier?

med-dept

Hello,

Does anyone have any information or thoughts about this. It's being sold as a 'thermos carrier', but I've never seen anything like it:

post-2299-0-19185000-1392392089.jpg

Thanks,

Ben

Corpl. Cleaver

Hey everybody!! We've found something robinb doesn't have!!!!

Haha, that's a really odd piece for sure. Can any tell me about it? When etc...

It appears to be an American Thermos Bottle Company thermos. I know they made a lot of them for WWI and WWII. In WWII didn't just about every crew member have a thermos on a bomber? When I left the service you could still get them through the supply system...i.e. the silver bullet...that's what they were referred to as.

Robin, when I asked the seller to take a look he said he was worried about getting the thermos back in the case and would not remove it. So I guess the new owner will have to tell us if he is on the forum.

I'm almost certain that it's a Stanley. I'll try to post photographs of my LF&C over the weekend for reference. I sold my Stanley last year, and unfortunately no longer have any photographs of it for comparison.

Cheers,

Ben.

Sorry it took so long to get these. Here are two photographs of my LF&C for reference. As you can see, the spout is different to the one pictured, hence my assumption that the one shown in the auction is indeed a Stanley-brand example.

post-2299-0-07488600-1394379984.jpg

Thanks,

Ben.