3rd Annual Fort Lee Military Collectors Show, Saturday 24 May 2014, 9 AM to 2 PM

The 3rd Annual Fort Lee Military Collectors Show will held Saturday 24 May 2014, 9 AM to 2 PM in the US Army Quartermaster Museum on Fort Lee, Virginia . It is FREE to the public. Sellers can pre-register for tables which will be $15 each. You can PM me with requests for table reservations.

Note that this is a new venue, we have moved from the Regimental Club where the two previous shows were held. All proceeds from this show will go to the Army Quartermaster Foundation which directly supports the Quartermaster Museum and the preservation of Army History.

We will be providing updates on our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/FortLeeMilitaryShow

The last two shows were outstanding,tables were sold out a month in advance and we had a great turnout.

Hope to see you at the show!

post-146-0-39729000-1392320054.jpg

Kevin

My book, "Desert Uniforms, Patches, and Insignia of the US Armed Forces" is available on Amazon and other booksellers World-wide: www.amazon.com/Desert-Uniforms-Patches-Insignia-Forces/dp/0764352067

Check out our Facebook group on the book and all things Desert Uniform related: http://www.facebook.com/groups/DesertUniform

Always looking for:

- Saudi camel tongue rank fobs - DCU Uniforms & Patches - AAFES Pogs - Parachute Rigger Badges - Berlin Brigade Items - Pershing Rifles Items - East German Para Items-

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

I'm really looking forward to this show! I'll have at least two tables worth of stuff, much of which has been in storage for the past several years. Living so close to this venue makes it a great opportunity to clear out bulkier stuff that I don't need in my collection anymore.

I encourage anyone in the Virginia and North Carolina area to consider making the trip. Fort Lee is right off of I-95/I-295 and getting on post is simple as long as you have a valid drivers license and proof of insurance (which you should have anyway).

Make a day trip out of it. You can see a militaria show, two military museums (QM and Army Women's Museums), and a Civil War battlefield (Petersburg) all in one trip and all less than a mile apart!

Follow me on Facebook @zemkecollectables

Vance, We are looking forward to having you at the show this year. The last two shows were a blast with lots of great militaria items to buy or trade.

Kevin

My book, "Desert Uniforms, Patches, and Insignia of the US Armed Forces" is available on Amazon and other booksellers World-wide: www.amazon.com/Desert-Uniforms-Patches-Insignia-Forces/dp/0764352067

Check out our Facebook group on the book and all things Desert Uniform related: http://www.facebook.com/groups/DesertUniform

Always looking for:

- Saudi camel tongue rank fobs - DCU Uniforms & Patches - AAFES Pogs - Parachute Rigger Badges - Berlin Brigade Items - Pershing Rifles Items - East German Para Items-

Vance, We are looking forward to having you at the show this year. The last two shows were a blast with lots of great militaria items to buy or trade.

Kevin--you're right---should be a great show---- Last year we had a number of other local USMF members show up with stuff to trade also---Looking forward to Trenchfoot Joe joining us too...

Al

AFB
"When in doubt, Go cyclical"

For more information on

"In a Strange Land: The American Occupation of Germany 1918-1923"

"Let's Go! The History of the 29th Infantry Division"

"To Hell with the Kaiser: America Prepares for War 1916-1918 Volumes 1 and 2"

"Desert Uniforms, Patches, and Insignia of the US Armed Forces"

"Forgotten Soldiers of WWI: America's Immigrant Doughboys"

"Play Ball! Doughboys and Baseball During the Great War"

go to

https://www.amazon.com/author/alexanderf.barnes

Kevin--you're right---should be a great show---- Last year we had a number of other local USMF members show up with stuff to trade also---Looking forward to Trenchfoot Joe joining us too...

Al

Al, looking forward to seeing you there, Will you be bringing any of your books to the show, In a Strange Land: The American Occupation of Germany 1918-1923?

Kevin

Always looking for:

Al, looking forward to seeing you there, Will you be bringing any of your books to the show, In a Strange Land: The American Occupation of Germany 1918-1923?

Kevin---Yes, I'll have some copies and hopefully the 29th Division from 1917 to 2001 book will be back from the Printer by then also...

regards, Al

PS anybody who has copies of Chris Calkins's Civil War books on Appomattox or Sailor's Creek and wants to get them signed should bring them to the show because I know he's setting up a table also to buy and sell WWII gear.

AFB

For more information on

go to

Al, That's great. It that the Chris Calkins, the noted Civil War historian who was the Chief of Interpretation at Petersburg National Battlefield for over three decades? I hear he is the Park Manager of Sailor's Creek Battlefield Historical State Park since his retirement.

Kevin

Always looking for:

Al, That's great. It that the Chris Calkins, the noted Civil War historian who was the Chief of Interpretation at Petersburg National Battlefield for over three decades? I hear he is the Park Manager of Sailor's Creek Battlefield Historical State Park since his retirement.

Kevin---yeah that's the same guy---last year he brought a lot of his dug-WW2 stuff from the Ardennes to sell and trade..

Al.

AFB

For more information on

go to

• 1 month later...

Cant wait for this show. Last year was a blast ! Ill have a couple of tables worth of the green disease for sale. I would love to see this show expand to twice a year. If your within range you need to come out and support this event.

D Co. 5/20th Inf 2nd ID Camp Casey ROK
HHC Scouts 2/7th Inf 24 ID Ft Stewart GA
A Co. 4/12 Inf 1 AD Baumholder FRG
HHC Scouts 4/12 Inf 1 AD Baumholder FRG

donation2014.gif

Cant wait for this show. Last year was a blast ! Ill have a couple of tables worth of the green disease for sale. I would love to see this show expand to twice a year. If your within range you need to come out and support this event.

TrenchfootJoe66, Thanks for the positive vibes, bring some DCUs with you as well. We considered twice a year, but decided it was just too much to organize while working full time at demanding jobs.

Kevin

Always looking for:

I probably should get a table for this show, but isn't that Memorial Day weekend?

Yes, it's the Saturday of the Memorial Day weekend and we had a great turnout last year and expect an even better one this year. This year the US Army Quartermaster Museum is hosting the event and all proceeds from our table fees will be donated to the Museum Foundation to support this excellent museum.

Kevin

Always looking for:

Hey RP, C'mon down ! Its a good show. Im thinking of throwing a post show cook out, provided the wife is willing. I live about 5 mins away.

donation2014.gif

• 1 month later...

Thanks Vance! We are looking forward to a great show again this year.

Kevin

Always looking for:

• 2 weeks later...

We are just one week away from the 3rd Annual Fort Lee (Virginia) Military Show!

This event takes place during Memorial Day weekend on Saturday, May 24, 2014, 9 am to 2 pm and is free to the public. Table holders can set up starting at 8 am. It is located in the Quartermaster Museum at 201 22nd St, Fort Lee, Virginia. There will be directional signs to the museum for visitors who should enter the post through the Sisisky Boulevard Gate. There is free parking adjacent to and behind the museum. This is Central Virginia’s only military collectors show. It features the selling, buying and trading of an assortment of historical militaria antiques and related collectibles from all time periods and countries. This includes antique Military Uniforms, Medals, Helmets, Flags, Badges, Field Gear, Photographs, Documents, Patches, Books and More.

This year we created a new incentive where Boy Scouts in uniform will be eligible to receive a limited number of New Collector Kits of military insignia which supports the requirements for the “Collecting” Merit badge.

All proceeds from the rental of vendor’s tables and concessions will be donated to the US Army Quartermaster Foundation which is non-profit, tax-exempt, educational organization dedicated to support of the US Army Quartermaster Museum and the preservation of Quartermaster history. Members of the public are also encouraged to tour the museum and make donations at boxes conveniently located at the entrances.

Kevin

Always looking for:

This coming Saturday's Fort Lee (Virginia) Military Show was featured in the local paper today...

http://progress-index.com/news/2.397/3rd-annual-fort-lee-military-collectors-show-1.1687148

Kevin

Always looking for:

This could be the best one yet....and the weather will be perfect....and this may also be your chance to see exactly how big an aluminum shed has to be to cover "Anzio Annie"....

Al

post-2235-0-81711200-1400628283.jpg

AFB

For more information on

go to

This one is just around the bend !! Looking forward to meeting some forum members at the show and if you let me know you are a member Ill do a 10% discount right off the top.

Best regards

J

donation2014.gif

TrenchfootJoe - Thanks for the great offer for a discount, looking forward to seeing you at the show again this year. Kevin

This one is just around the bend !! Looking forward to meeting some forum members at the show and if you let me know you are a member Ill do a 10% discount right off the top.

Best regards

J

Kevin

Always looking for:

All I can say is WOW---a great show....Thanks to everybody that pitched in and helped out---Kevin must have handed out 30 starter-patch collecting kits for all the boy scouts who showed up ---laying the groundwork for future collectors...thanks again...

Al

AFB

For more information on

go to

Man, what a day. A little light on sales but HOLY WINDPROOFS did some cool stuff come in the door. Thanks to everybody who came by. Sad to say, not one forum member came by to take me up on my 10% discount offer. Guess I just didn't have any good stuff for sale. LOL

Ill be posting some pics of the goodies I scored in the Latest Finds thread

donation2014.gif

Thanks Al. It was an outstanding show, made even better by the masses of Boy Scouts and some Girl Scouts in uniform that came to get their new collector's kits that we had advertised. Now to start planning for next year's show.

Kevin

Always looking for: