I need a camera

I am looking for a good inexpensive camera that can take the correct size photos for U.S. MILIARIA FORUM.I also do ebay pictures. I see some awesome photos here but it takes me a day for me to figure out how to get them to fit here. Always says photo too large.I've tried some of the instructions to change them but I am OLD. Let me know what you use to take those good photos. Thanks, L.T.

Most digital compacts, even the lower end ones, have a picture size selection option. Are you sure your existing camera doesn't have this facility in its menu? The recommended setting for pics destined for publication in internet social networking sites is 4:3 / 640x480.

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I bought a used copy of Photoshop Elements on Amazon for $2.99 (plus $3.99 shipping, so I had almost $7 invested!) This was for my XP-based laptops that I use with my old scanner. It can be used to easily change the compression of images so they will be less than the 200kb size for the forum. You may consider one of those programs...they're old (I think these date from around 2004) but they work fine and for a whopping $7, you really can't go wrong. Much cheaper than buying a camera that will only take really small photos (most cameras don't do compression really well without sacrificing the dimensions of the photo...)

My two cents....

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

When it comes to cameras,I'm a Canon man.I've been using my old Canon S3 for years and have been very happy with it.Lately I've been using my Lexmark combo printer/scanner to scan my patches and been having great results as well.In my opinion having a scanner and a camera is the best of both worlds',as some items' cannot be scanned well,and decent quality cameras and scanners can be had for a lot less than in the past.

High Flight

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silver wings;

Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hovering there

I've chased the shouting wind along and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long delirious, burning blue

I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,

where never lark, or even eagle flew;

and while, with silent, lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

June 9, 1922 – December 11, 1941

" And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword. Ready to do what a hero can." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Don't let the B@stards wear you down -"Vinegar" Joe Stillwell

Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.Unreasonable

people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.All progress,

therefore, depends on unreasonable people.

George Bernard Shaw

" Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" , Fletcher,from the movie "The outlaw Josey Wales"

Thank You guys for the help. I did find some settings to reduce the size of my photos with your advise. I will still be looking for different camera. I have an old Sony with the cd-r mini discs and they are getting harder to find. I can finally posts some pictures on the forum again. Thanks,L.T.

What I have done lately is use my Iphone to take photos of my GPW project I have been dinking around on. I then e-mail the photo to myself or use the cord that connects to my PC. The photos are massive at about 2.5mb. Then I open the photo and use the Microsoft snipping tool to highlight the photo and then use the "save as" feature and overwrithe the original photo. It is the same photo, but now it is about 80 to 90kb. I love that snipping tool feature. One can make a photo of just about anything. Even this:

post-24058-0-13785200-1392532642.jpg

Took me a couple of seconds and let me edit my original post in the meantime. Saved the above at 89kb.

Zeph

Collecting WWII USAAF Militaria and a Few WWII Vehicles Along the Way

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

If pixel size restriction is the issue...and it is on this site.... just get some software that will resize images. A free source that I use is IrfanView. You can download it for free online. Just do a google search for the site. Don't worry about the camera.. It isn't the fault of the camera. It's the photo edit software that you should be getting.