CBI-made Pilot Wing & Diary Cigarette Case - WIlliam E Persons, Jr

rustywings

I'd like to share some images of a couple of recent purchases. Although listed in separate auctions, I think these two pieces really compliment one-another...and felt they needed to stay together. I believe both the Pilot badge and the silver cigarette case were made in India. Both pieces have the Pilot's name and Service Number etched on them. The cigarette case also has the image of a pilot's wing etched upon it which is similar in design to the uniform wings. The big surprise was the inscribed documentation inside the case!

IMG_4813_crop.jpg

Inside the cigarette case, the Pilot had his apparent assignments, stop-overs and missions meticulously inscribed with the dates!

IMG_4821c_crop.jpg

Thank you J/S. I've not done any research on the Pilot...but it should be fun with all the nice leads left behind!

Russ

doinworkinvans

Man these are so beautiful - absolutely stunning CBI made items! Were these on EBAY? THeres no way I missed these??? :o

Wow what a beautiful set! I missed out on these and had no clue there was so much info in the case. Glad to see you got them Russ and thanks for sharing them with all of us!

Congrats Russ! I can't think of anyone who deserves this or would appreciate it more. I have that same wing but not attributed and certainly not with an accompanying cigarette case. What a great find. Glad you were able to keep them together.

Bob

Glad you were able to keep the group together Russ, a wonderful set!

I checked my Hump Pilots Assn Roster from 1988 and he is not listed at all.

I have a grouping from a Hump Pilot that is listed in the roster as ATC, but has an "O" number and

Service Pilot wings.

Maybe I will post them sometime in a separate thread.

Best, john

doinworkinvans

Glad you were able to keep the group together Russ, a wonderful set!

I checked my Hump Pilots Assn Roster from 1988 and he is not listed at all.

I have a grouping from a Hump Pilot that is listed in the roster as ATC, but has an "O" number and

Service Pilot wings.

Maybe I will post them sometime in a separate thread.

Best, john

You most certainly should!!!

Thank you all for your responses. Yes, these were eBay listings, from an estate sale of the daughter of the pilot, with no other surviving family members to pass these heirlooms along too.

And thank you for your research ideas.

• 2 months later...