Tropical Rucksack

craig_pickrall

Guest gasman38s

here are a few pics of mine,all are unissued,the mountain ruck has some shelfwear,the tropical ruck i got with 3 of the 4 waterproof bags.also the tropical was never refered as light weight only the light weight rucksack with tube frame. if things dont turn out sorry as im new at this.the light weight ruck is used but in very good shape.

craig_pickrall

Gasman, this particular thread is for the Tropical Ruck. There are threads for all of the other packs you mention. Please add your pics of the other packs in the proper thread.

craig_pickrall
here are a few pics of mine,all are unissued,the mountain ruck has some shelfwear,the tropical ruck i got with 3 of the 4 waterproof bags.also the tropical was never refered as light weight only the light weight rucksack with tube frame. if things dont turn out sorry as im new at this.the light weight ruck is used but in very good shape.

Gasman while continuing to edit the manual TM 10-276 I ran across a listing for the Tropical Ruck where it is called light weight. Thought you might be interested.

post-5-1215027926.jpg

post-5-1215027921.jpg

post-5-1215027968.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Craig

My friend HIROSHI in Japan show me this Nylon Bag ,material looks as same as OG-106 p62Lightweight Rucksack.But no X frame.

He guess it maybe a protoype of the tropical Rucksack,Can you pls help to id it?

Thanks

DSC02373.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

DSC02374.jpg

That thing is wild! Are there any markings? If not, it is probably a post-war sporting goods knock off.

Did anyone determine the purpose of the Velcro strips on the ARVN pack? This definitely wasn't a field modification done by "some troops". Every ARVN pack has them.