Two beauties! Big Red One and a 9th ID

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

I added these two beauties today. I had to give up a couple things I was planning on keeping, but I couldn't pass up these two Detroit boys! First up is 9th ID / 30th IR Ike jacket with 30th marked collar disc, dog tags, DI's and the mans medals. The 1st ID is spectacular. Complete with leadership stripes, german made DIs for the 18th IR, custom collar disc for Company I and a great bullion CIB.

null_zps0823579a.jpg

null_zpsffa648e2.jpg

null_zpsd556f720.jpg

BigDogMilitaria

Thanks! Both... local guys that i picked up from a fellow local collector who got them from the Vets few years back .

BigDogMilitaria

Beautiful set! Looks like you have a great collection of unifroms from what I see also in the background?

Cheers,

Mike

@ Mike -thanks, my uniform collection has really grown over the years. I have a thread in the Displays forum but i am due for an update.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm going to have to rearrange some things in the displays to give the 1st ID a prominent spot!

Beautiful jackets!!! Would be hard to upgrade to anything nicer. I see that the 9th ID jacket has an arrowhead on the ribbon, nice!!!

Is that a 28th ID ssI on the right sleeve of the jacket in the background???

BigDogMilitaria

No, not a 28th, ive yet to add one of those. Its an ID'd 30th ID / Tank Destroyer Ike that I pulled out of a local estate last Summer.

null_zps658367d6.jpg