Super Paratroopers' jump jacket on eBay

Patchcollector

Too bad it can't be ID'd.

It's a sum of parts jacket at this point with a reserve.

The other stuff that is with it is other stuff that is with it.

Nothing can be tied together.

Personally I have owned groups of items that came from the veteran that didn't tie together.

I kept them because I knew but when I went to sell them they turned into a bunch of stuff and my story.

The only provenance is the sellers story and they can't substantiate it so it's a story.

Patchcollector

Too bad it can't be ID'd.

It's a sum of parts jacket at this point with a reserve.

The other stuff that is with it is other stuff that is with it.

Nothing can be tied together.

Personally I have owned groups of items that came from the veteran that didn't tie together.

I kept them because I knew but when I went to sell them they turned into a bunch of stuff and my story.

The only provenance is the sellers story and they can't substantiate it so it's a story.

Well put.I agree.If it were named,it would take it to a whole new level.Hopefully the ID will come out someday.It still is a thing of beauty though,sigh....

Patchcollector

I would love to own this,but unfortunately it's out of my pay range :lol: At last check it was just under 1500,reserve still not met,with 9 days to go.

that is a killer jump jacket, 17thairborne are you going to have a crack at it?

Since I thinned out my collection to only 139th AEB stuff mthe 17th, I have resisted (not easily) buing stuff from the other units. No....I will not be adding to the ending price.

THere is no mention of a laundry marking in the jacket, so I guess it would be very hard ID. The buyer could post a photo with the Scions of the 17th Airborne (descendents and last remaining veterans) face book page and see if somone picks him out. Long shot though. It would help to know the town where the jacket was purchased in. Unless it was Florida, its a sure bet the Veteran was drafted from and lived in the same town his entire life. I find that to be the case in almost every research project unless they moved to FL in old age.

That helps to eliminate a few possibilities.

Agree with the others, sum of the parts.

This jacket was just in the latest AGM catalog 2 weeks ago. Must have purchased it thinking it was worth more than the catalog asking price.

Value is a strange thing. I've seen the 513 patches push around $650 a few years ago at the peak, but it seems the selling prices of those have taken a bit of a decline in the last 2 years. Non-decript M42s with faded tags are sorta flat now too.

Did not see the AGM price

This jacket was just in the latest AGM catalog 2 weeks ago. Must have purchased it thinking it was worth more than the catalog asking price.

You are 100% Correct there ;) good memory, I also remember seen it on the AGM Catalogue a few weeks back

I think they had it listed as the Veteran him self didn't want his info going with the sale of the jacket

for Privacy Reasons I think that was with the M42 Jump Jacket in the listing.. But I could be wrong!!!

There was also a cheep set of M42 Jump Trousers in another section for sale on the AGM Catalogue

which would have fully completed a Full Paratrooper Display with Jump Jacket & Trousers

There is too much money involved here to be making simple mistakes about the jackets origins.

For me the stories not lining up is a minus 1.

That's something that needs to be verified.

How much was it in the catalogue ?

There is too much money involved here to be making simple mistakes about the jackets origins.

For me the stories not lining up is a minus 1.

That's something that needs to be verified.

How much was it in the catalogue ?

Put it this way "If i was the one going Buying that Jump Jacket in question"

I would be the one to be contacting AGM Directly to see can this M42 Jump Jacket be traced right back

to the Veteran him self before parting with any Hard Earned Cash that's up to the Buyer to decide to do not us!

just my opinion on the subject that's all..

I found a similar one that sold for $1900 without the stripes and the Allied Airborne patch. Not as nice as this one that is currently being sold on eBay. See link here.

The auction in this thread is for an M42 jacket. The other one is just a plain fatigue jacket. M42s are a different creature. Plain, Un named M42s in nice condition typically start around $1K...

Patchcollector

I did a search for M42 Jackets on eBay and found only a few authentic looking examples;one from Canada for 1200 unpatched,and another from Japan that is patched and was in the book 'Geronimo!' by Mr. Bill Rentz,for 2450.Both were unnamed as well.

BTW,the one in this thread is now at 1825 and still has'nt met reserve.7 days to go!

I did a search for M42 Jackets on eBay and found only a few authentic looking examples;one from Canada for 1200 unpatched,and another from Japan that is patched and was in the book 'Geronimo!' by Mr. Bill Rentz,for 2450.Both were unnamed as well.

BTW,the one in this thread is now at 1825 and still has'nt met reserve.7 days to go!

Kind of an interesting story...but I feel the example from Canada that you mentioned is named..in a roundabout way

Patchcollector

Kind of an interesting story...but I feel the example from Canada that you mentioned is named..in a roundabout way

I just did another search on eBay and now cannot find the Canadian one!I do not recall seeing a name mentioned in the eBay listing though.Do you have more info on the jacket?

It is an amazing jacket but I don't have the money for it.

-Dave

That's my story too Dave :lol: