Scovill Military Buttons?

GeneralLucas

I have had these two buttons and I could not identify them so they may not be military. The letters appear to be P C or P G. With this backmark they are certainly post Civil War period, perhaps 1870-1920.... Can you identify them?

post-1658-0-03467300-1391713610.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

The backmarks date this button to the 1870-90s period of origin. The letters on the front (I believe) stand for the "Pelican Cavalry", I think a militia unit which was organized in Louisiana, first during the Civil War.

The button is Not for the Philippine Constabulary. Their button design was an Eagle and shield and not interlocking letters. Their collar insignia and hat insignia used interlocking letters but in a different font style. I would guess your buttons date from the 1860-90 period in design.

I've checked with a buddy who has collected Railroad uniform buttons for many years, and has reference books on that collecting area. He tells me this button is Central Pacific Railroad, this is "CP", not "PC". Intertwined letters are always confusing for order, but this one is confirmed "CP" - Central Pacific Railroad, thus not military.