Practice-Run For SOS

History Man

With the SOS coming up, I have saved up all my money and have resisted buying items....until yesterday. A friend of mine came down yesterday and brought me some items, so I was able to exercise my wallet and get it ready for the maneuvers it will go through at the SOS in a few weeks. Was able to pick up a variety of nice and interesting pieces.

The other lot came from a picker of mine on the coast, this came from the family, an interesting mix...

Regards,

Philip

post-25965-0-97448800-1391657268.jpg

Are those British para wings ?

Do you sleep at all ?

Everything is great and it all fits into a suite case if you were thinking of bringing it with you.

Thats some practice run.The 4th ID Purple Heart is very nice.The WW1 stuff is nice and getting way harder to find.I got rid of all mine years ago and wish I still had most of it.In another 15-20 years your going to probably see the same with WW2 stuff.

Thanks FF, I think I gave the wallet one heck of a pre-game stretch with this lot. The finds had slowed down for a few weeks, but you know what they say....when it rains it pours.

Philip

2nd lot from my picker.

Couple of un-named Purple Hearts, and an interesting WW1 3rd ID group

Your man was a Mason as evidenced by the small double headed eagle of the Scottish Rite pin and the Malta jewel of the Masonic Knights Templar (that's the white Maltese cross with the black ribbon).

If you know what state the Brother is from, you can contact the Grand Lodge and they can provide you his Lodge membership info and degree dates.

Your man was a Mason as evidenced by the small double headed eagle of the Scottish Rite pin and the Malta jewel of the Masonic Knights Templar (that's the white Maltese cross with the black ribbon).

If you know what state the Brother is from, you can contact the Grand Lodge and they can provide you his Lodge membership info and degree dates.

Excellent observation and good advice.

RC

Thanks- I am now planning to take some WWI calvary items to the SOS event in Loisville as I was already planning to attend the gun show that same weekend/location.

Jeff