1st Mar Div Bevo - Opinions?

jasonc

I just received this patch, and as it is my first bevo, I have a few questions now that I can take a close look at it.

The weave of the red in the number and white in the stars is more "open" than I see in others posted here in the forums--the blue background shows through in a regular pattern. Also, there are i a couple of imperfections--look at the red inside the "G" in the detail photo. Also, there is a faint row of white dots around the 1 and near each of the stars. Are these sort of details common in this style of patch?

I think it was removed from a uniform or patch quilt--the edges on all four sides are slightly creased as if folded under--so that could account for some of the imperfections.

post-124367-0-15537600-1391564875.jpgpost-124367-0-64527300-1391564889.jpgpost-124367-0-22077200-1391564899.jpg

Thanks! The pictures are actually done with a scanner originally made for scanning photos, negatives and slides, so it can scan at a pretty high resolution (3200x6400 dpi). It's about 10 years old, but it still does the job. I find it gets me at least as close as my 10x loupe, without me having to hunch over the patch under a reading lamp!

Jason