WWII weekend

David D

I am planning on going to WWII weekend in Reading Pennsylvania. I was wondering how it is and are there any vendors that sell militaria? And how is the reenactment.

-Dave

I havent been as a reenactor but I have gone several times as visitor. The flea market is fairly large but it also depends on what you are looking for. At The Front vends there every year and they bring a lot of items. I never stayed for the battle always get there early in the morning as it is either extremely hot or raining.

Mack

Johnny Signor

Been there twice for it, the re- inacting was pretty good in my opinion,also the vendors had a fairly good variety of WW2 and latter , but I think it also depends on who shows up ...........................

Still an all around good time and worth attending !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Word to the wise if you plan on attending all 3 days buy your tickets online now that way it's cheaper and you don't have to wait in line to get in. Because if you don't then you will spend about 20 bucks a day to get in, and depending what time you get there you could wait up to an hour in line just to get in. If you don't have a hotel room in the area yet get one TODAY (like as you read this message) because almost all of them will be gone by now.

If you plan to attend as a Reenactor, great! Just remember you must be a part of a unit that is a part of the event and you must be registered with that unit or else you will have to pay like the spectators to get in.

• 2 weeks later...

Already updated their site with guests, aircraft, etc.

http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

I have been a reenactor there for about 12 years now. We do a pacific Army impression. Overall, there are not many shows that can compare to it. You are seriously immersed in WW2. Yes there are the downsides and it's getting pretty pricey, but really there's nothing like it. The vendor area is really good for field gear and filling out a reenacting impression. There are hidden gems as well, but you really have to look for them. Lots of original and some reproduction items too.