USMC Gen Bring backs

Hessian

I just acquired a grouping belonging to a USMC General and Navy Cross / Silver Star / Bronze Star with "V" recipient. His service spans from 1917 -Korean war. I thought I would post his bring backs first.

The Nambu and holster were picked up on Guadalcanal while the Naval Dirk and the black ribbon with anchors were picked up on Guam. There was a tag with these two that says "Guam 1944 Japanese Defender". Can anyone translate the Kanji on the ribbon?

Finally the two shoulder boards belonged to a Chinese Col and were taken personally by the General. Also show is a Chinese propaganda leaflet that urges Americans to surrender.

While I have several items that came in other groupings, this are the first that came back with a General and thought others might like to see them.

DSCN3033_zpsea6934c3.jpg

DSCN3031_zps0264a2f5.jpg

DSCN3032_zpsa74b0c97.jpg

Great stuff! Now the Chinese shoulder boards, were those taken during the Korean War or during post-WWII China occupation?

Thanks! I was told these were taken from a prisoner during the Korean War from the General personally. Apparently this was one of the most senior POWs taken during the Generals time there.

The items were given from the General to a young Marine Lieutenant who knew his family. The Lt and (retired) General stayed in touch over the years and the General would give him items from time to time. The Lt eventually retired a Colonel and now they have passed into my hands.

Those are some great bring backs! Is there a reason you will not mention the General's name?

Haha... Yes... not quite finished getting it all.....