WWII Medic display with the rarer OD medics bags?

oldabewla

The WWII US Paratrooper couldn't get the OD #7 British made gear, it was made from the OD #3 shade so some of them died it to the OD #7 they wanted it I guess because it was summer time and would camo better.

Craig

Yeah, was really comical watching them.The more he told them it wasn't period painted the more the wanted to buy it.Was li Kevin a pack of rabid squirrels on crack fighting over a nut

ROFL...good story, Ron :lol:

Some cool shots from the ASF Medical Supply Catalogue MED 3; Mar. 1944:

Yeah, was really comical watching them.The more he told them it wasn't period painted the more they wanted to buy it.Was like a pack of rabid squirrels on crack fighting over a nut

Allen: I've noticed a big change in the way many collectors view the dark O.D. stuff; this shift in thought created quite a rebellion against the old "collector/reenactor story" that O.D.#7 canvas did not see service in W.W.II. I've had a much harder time finding dark O.D. Wartime Marine Corps Ammo Belts, for example, than the fairly common O.D. #3 examples.

Craig: Great pic!! Thanks!

Danny: I think George Peterson still reprints the various Army Catalogues, including the Medical Supply one. There is a wealth of photos in there, listing all the various substances and hardware to be carried by the Medics.

Mmmm......come on over to the dark side

Yeah, was really comical watching them.The more he told them it wasn't period painted the more they wanted to buy it.Was like a pack of rabid squirrels on crack fighting over a nut

:lol: :lol: :lol: Boy, does that ever paint some mental pictures!!

That's one of the things I miss about doing shows...people/dealer/collector watching!

Here is pictures of my done up WWII medics helmet that I painted up. I love to take it to shows, I alway have many dealers even big dealers wanting to buy because it looks so real. Ron (Doyler) has handle it and just grins when he holds it.

I need to do is take it out side for better pictures of it in the natural sun light so you can really see the yellow/brown tone to the white panels as I got it to look aged looking with natural material and it wasn't just mud ether. The panels are paint over on the original paint.

I like to show it off as a great learning tool as everyone thinks it's real until I tell them. They them ask me to paint them one up but simple reply NO!

Craig

post-7997-0-51790600-1391737341.jpg