Vietnam era OD fatigue shirt?

Uncle Trav

Picked this up this weekend and I am not sure if it is a good find or not. Stone cold mint unissued. Long sleeve with no cuff buttuns. Made of a lightweight poplin I believe. The only markings are are a stamp on the inside near the lower hem of the shirt. Is this a decent find?

post-151130-0-40117800-1391452712.jpg

I think so.I believe there was a tropical pattern like yours.THey have been posted here before.

THe Navy also had some light weight ones and they were usually left over late WW2 issue.I have one that came in a group of well worn Navy shirts from Viet Nam.

TrenchfootJoe66

I have a really nice 18th Abn Corps shirt exactly like this. Very light weight and like yours, no tag but it lacks a stamp. I was told that these were sold in Air Force PX ? Makes sense as Pope AFB is right next to Bragg.

I lost a duffel bag full of gear my first RVN tour and scrounged uniforms. I had a shirt like that with trousers of the same light weight material. I was told they were USAF but I don't recall any official labeling like our normal shirts. They sure beat the stateside type fatigues we took with us.

There was a number of companies that made this type of fatigue uniform (shirt & pants), that were available in the PX/BX. I have had several uniforms with patches and a number of unissued pieces too