New Releases

Proud Kraut

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to build the US-operated Horsa Mk I you are not forced to apply the US decals only. There were the Horsas with mixed US/British national markings as well. There were also the US-operated Horsas with British only national markings as, for instance, in RAF Welford where USAAFers learnt to fly by Horsas. Below you can see US-operated (but UK-owned) the Horsa Mk I called "US Ramblin Wreck", RAF Welford. The glider served for the US GPs as a training glider and was collided with Short Stirling.

post-75-0-61225800-1446244174.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish it was easier to get some of these in the US. I've looked high and low for a few of these kits and ended up getting a set from amazon. It finally arrived, didn't know it was coming from Austria, which explained how long it took to get here. Not unreasonable, but it's be easier if there was a US supplier.

Come to think of it, squadron doesn't seem to have a lot of 1/35 stuff that you'd think would be easy to find. Does anyone know of another supplier in the US besides hunting eBay?

• 1 month later...

Master Box makes some very good kits and with interesting themes. Although I prefer resin figures because of their detail, I like this companies plastic figures. I believe they surpass Dragons figures in detail.

Semper Fi.

Manny

ICM is producing a line of 1/35 scale WWI figures. They finally released the US figures and I had to order a set of figures and the extra weapons. I think they are pretty nice. The figures come with both British type helmets and the US Campaign hats. These figures could easily be converted and painted to represent Army and Marine figures of the 20s- 30s as well as WWI.

Some of the WWI weapons and equipment can be used on WWII figures too.

I agree with you Manny Master Box and ICM from the Ukraine are putting out some pretty interesting figures and the quality and detail is very good.

This is a great thread Lars, thanks for starting it. I haven't seen the Glider or the MB tank riders until I looked here.

Dennis

post-2843-0-19260500-1457655976.jpg

Garand, I have had very good luck dealing with "The Michigan Toy Soldier Company". They have a lot of kits, figures, diorama material, paints and supplies and are good guys to deal with. I just got thos WWI figures from them.

I have to agree with you OM regarding using some of these figures and equipment from WWI in early WWII dioramas. The Marines were still using bolt action rifles and old machine guns at Wake Island and early on during the Guadalcanal operation. These kits would work perfectly.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

The Figures

Always great to see the sprues in real. Much more better than only the boxart, thanks very much for sharing these pics!

Lars

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I always liked the distance that the 175mm gun on the M107 could put a projectile to, but I found out that the shorter barrell 8 inch self-propelled howitzer was more accurate.

I guess you could say it was a trade off.

Semper Fi.

Manny