New Releases

Proud Kraut

Proud Kraut

Nice find. Since they didn't have that when I made my dio "The Last German King", I used cheesecloth instead. I spread it out airbrushed the camo color I wanted and wet it with a mist of water and white glue. As you remember the results were fine. I used that same technique on another "German" dio on a Pak 40 gun with very good results. But it's nice to know this is out now.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Right on, Manny! Cheesecloth and - no joke - soup greens, majoram or basil. Just "paint" large glue spots on the cloth and apply the spice before airbrushing or painting the nets.

There's nothing a modeler can't use for his hobby... ;)

net2.jpg

Any recommendations if you're shrinking things down to 1/72?

How about gauze? Especially from a band-aid.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks Manny. I spend most of my time on other parts of the forum, but I'm really enjoying lurking around the modeling section. I love the dedication to detail I see here. Time to visit the medicine draw with my engineers rule and my magnifying glass. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Proud Kraut

I just picked up Tamiya's M792 Gama Goat Ambulance. It is the original M561 Kit with an added sprue with the trailer heater, canvas tarps for the cab and trailer and a standing figure in BDUs and LC-2 gear without the flak jacket.

http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/2014/11/TF1408.jpg

I don't think your link is working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember the only other kit of this was the old 1/40th scale Life-Like kit that's been re-released by Revell a few times.

• 2 months later...

Found this set on MiniArt's website today. These figures cry out for a dio. As soon as they are available, I'll get me a set: U.S. Soldiers at Rest

35200.jpg

I'm looking forward to see the first dio with this figure set by BRONCO in 1/35 scale: "God's Blessing"

http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article/god%27s-blessing/21120

attachicon.gifbronco1_35godsblessing (1).jpg

It's nice to see that they haven't forgotten 'The Holy Joe's' and their spiritual work.

Found this set on MiniArt's website today. These figures cry out for a dio. As soon as they are available, I'll get me a set: U.S. Soldiers at Rest

Hey Lars, I know that you will and I'll be looking forward to seeing that diorama.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 3 weeks later...

Not easy to keep pace with Miniart's 1/35 scale new releases: U.S. Army drivers:

attachicon.gifdriver.jpg

I feel sorry for the guy with the bicycle pump. Have you ever tried to fill a real tire with one of those things? Even on a small car, it takes forever!

I feel sorry for the guy with the bicycle pump. Have you ever tried to fill a real tire with one of those things? Even on a small car, it takes forever!

He'd look pretty funny in a diorama pumping up a ghost division inflatable Sherman :)

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting this here since the Mark V was used by the U.S. Armored Corps in WW I as well (scroll down a bit):

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/takom.html

attachicon.gif2034.jpg

Nice! The Mark I looks great too.

Takom and Meng have really been doing great work bringing out kits of actual combat tanks instead of yet more Paper Panzers.

• 3 weeks later...