FIRST OVER GERMANY, 306th BG POW and EVADER

KASTAUFFER

Beautiful group. As far as POW sets go, that is one if the most complete I've seen. Very nice photo of him wearing the switlik caterpillar pin and the YMCA log is great.

JD

Amazing stuff. I'm very glad you could keep it together. It would have been terrible to have it split up. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Kurt,

Thanks for posting an amazing group! It's great that you didn't have to get into bidding war for every last piece.

The bracelet is my favorite piece. Do you think that it was made during his stay in the POW camps or later?

Kurt,

Very nice grouping and it could not be in better hands.

I bought some of his brother items that were sold on ebay. I was able to buy his leather flight jacket,hats, photos, paper items and that holster.

Thanks for sharing!

Jason

Thanks! I read through the paperwork and recognized the name. I compared the pics I have of him to the one on the thread and knew he was the same Solomon.

Kurt

Lovely grouping ..my late mother and father were instrumental in the formation of the 306th BG Historical Association over here in the UK and were founders of the memorial committee that put the memorial to the 306th up in 1982 when we had over 350 veterans and families back.

Father has thousands of 306th original photos if you need any 306th info.

and there actual official nickname was "The Reich Wreckers".....

Kind regards

Lloyd

WoW......that's such a complete group.....glad you were able to keep it together!!

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for bumping it up again Kurt. That is a fantastic grouping that I'm glad it was kept together.

Semper Fi

Phil