Wonderfully Scarce WWI Enlisted Emblem

Brig

BelligerentBlue

I need to study all the different EGA's more. I would look at that and think it was fake due to the back. Let alone knowing what it's worth.

I need to study all the different EGA's more. I would look at that and think it was fake due to the back. Let alone knowing what it's worth.

This one isn't seen often enough to have an average price, the current value was pretty much determined last night on the auction block

As for types, there's a book coming out from Bender publishing in about 6 months

BelligerentBlue

Awesome, I'll have to jot that down to remember it when the time comes for it to be published. I don't see me focusing in on just EGA's. But it's always nice to have a reference when they come up. I know I've searched through the reference section a few times to look at them.

Why does the picture of the front and back have the anchor facing the same direction????????? Is the back a reverse image? I so, WHY?

Here's a corrected photo.

It is amazing what we collectors miss sometimes when concentrating on other details, isn't it? I too missed that point when saving my copy.

I do tend to think two bidders placed very high bids to secure the item and one simply paid more than he expected. I might be wrong but with the missing securing post, I would not have paid that amount.

Tim

post-50776-0-68320100-1391202218.jpg

I don't factor stabilizing pins into my prices...I'd pay just as much without as with. Minor, rear piece that quite often is missing. I'm sure others are in the same boat. The post, however, I want

Just a scarcely seen variant...notice the difference in the eagle, as well as the cut-out spaces between the rope and anchor. Likely private purchase, which is less commonly seen with enlisted pieces