Need help with I.D. on DUI's

Montana40

next

post-4195-0-27493100-1391020805.jpg

This one is for the 308th Infantry, 77th Infantry Division, it was with the Division in WWI, and in the 20s and 30s in the Reserves here in NYC (DI approved in 1924). It was not however incorporated into the WWII period 77th Div because of the new Triangular Division concept and was the one Regiment that was dropped from the 77th Div roles, it was briefly assigned to the 107th Infantry Division, but this high numbered Division was dropped too. It was never active really after that, even after the 77th Div was reformed in the Reserves in NYC. The unit was totally disbanded with zero personel in 1952 never to be active again.

BTW what the back look like, is a screwback?

Thanks for the information. A difficult one to find information on no doubt. I could not find much additional information about the unit on the internet. It is a screw back. Thanks again.

Thanks for the information. A difficult one to find information on no doubt. I could not find much additional information about the unit on the internet. It is a screw back. Thanks again.

The info I got is from James Sawicki's Infantry Regiment Lineage, a series of books done by him, Tank, Field Artillery 2 volumes, Anti Aircraft Artillery Battalions 2 volumes, and of course our Cavalry Regiments.

I have several references (as you know they can get more expensive than some of the artifacts) but none of the Sawicki's. Would you recommend his books?

I have several references (as you know they can get more expensive than some of the artifacts) but none of the Sawicki's. Would you recommend his books?

But of course, it's a must I would say, it is frequently referred to by members interested in Lineages and Orders of Battle. His books are an aid in referencing units that may be hard to find online, the old 77th Division's 308th Infantry being a case in point.

Sawicki's books are a very good tool on US Army DUI's. There are 7 books in the series. Several of these are available from ASMIC at some very reasonable prices.

There are 2 volumes of Field Artillery.

2 volumes of AntiAircraft Artillery.

1 volume each of Infantry Regt's, Tank Battalion's, and Cavalry Regts.