Current Issue M-67 Grenade

hawkdriver

For you grenade freaks out there, I was issued a M-67 frag for my ammunition basic load. Just so we have a reference on what current grenades look like, here is mine as I unpacked it; doesn't get any fresher than this.

This is the canister and how it is packed.

2emkb6g.jpg

2j32omc.jpg

20t33g5.jpg

o8xogi.jpg

6gew4l.jpg

Three tours and this is my first ever grenade. Kind of a weird feeling to have a grenade attached to your gear. Notice the pin, learned something new, did not know that is how they are installed.

Very cool! Interesting to see how certain parts have changed very little in the last 70 years.

You get any funny looks while you were out taking pictures of your grenade?

Very cool! Interesting to see how certain parts have changed very little in the last 70 years.

:lol:

THis is my little green friend.......I will take his picture.He is a blast.

Just to be a smart A##. Hey can you remove that green bar thing to get a better pic of the printing on the side:)

Stay safe

Bob

No, not anymore so than the other weird crap we do. It has been an ammunition fest here the last few days, everyone is loading mags, bandoleers and getting ready for going outside the wire.

Does it say repacked on the canister? Just wondering because I don't remember the shiny type sealing tape. thanks for sharing..

No, not on the canister, I never saw the crate, but I can tell you that the tape has never been removed, you could tell it was factory sealed when I gingerly tried removing it. The grenade shows a 2007 manufacture date on it.

Just to be a smart A##. Hey can you remove that green bar thing to get a better pic of the printing on the side:)

Stay safe

Bob

Sure, if you come over, I'll remove the bar if you will take the pic ;)

Looks like a normal M67 to me.SKIP

Agree, but have never seen the writing up that close to the neck before, usually down around the middle. I would like to know when the printing went up high like that, obviously sometime before 2007.

Hawkdriver- Just a wild guess! Maybe it would be more easily identified seated on an ammo pouch, or wherever they're hung these days. So as not to be confused w/ another type of grenade. Or a different contractor, or updated specs. Just a guess, been out of the net 22+ years. SKIP

I went on google and did a picture search on M67 grenade. Out of all the pictures there, I didn't find one marked like this one. Interesting, may be a different manufacture, guess it will remain a mystery.

Ok.. no one has seen one like it before ..must be a repop.. Send it to Bob so he can take some close ups with the clips and Bar removed.

Stay safe,

CPC

The Nomenclature location was moved to the top to of the grenade body, to prevent the obstruction / obliteration of the nomenclature markings sometimes caused by soldiers taping the fuze handles to the bodies.

The current markings also allow easier identification during inventory, without having to completally remove the grenade from the container.

The Nomenclature location was moved to the top to of the grenade body, to prevent the obstruction / obliteration of the nomenclature markings sometimes caused by soldiers taping the fuze handles to the bodies.

The current markings also allow easier identification during inventory, without having to completally remove the grenade from the container.

Do you have any idea when this occurred? I ask as I have been marking dummy grenades for display and would like to make them period correct. This grenade is 2007 marked, so it had to be before then.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...