Realistic Flags?

Ches-Gen-4

Hey Guys,

Looking for some opinions as to how to model a realistic 1/35 scale flag. I see that Archer has the dry transfers which you apply to foil and there is a company that prints flags on cotton or cloth of some sort and I know guys have color printed flags on paper to use so how about it, any suggestions? Photographs of what you used would be very helpful. Thanks for the reply's. Bob

Back in the Olden Days, I used tissue paper, such as used inside gift clothing boxes, OR Really Cheap toilet paper. To to get them to shape -- such as for draped over a tank turret or jeep, I lightly wet them, with either spray starch or water. Once dried, I would paint them. Swastikas were too hard to paint, so I cut them from decals meant for aircraft markings. The stars for American flags were similarly cut from tiny flags sold for decorating cakes/craft projects.

Thanks Lars. What did you top coat the flag with to cut down the shine? Photos would be nice. Bob

Bob, I used Vallejo's Acrylic Matte Varnish. That worked well. If I only could find these pics....

Lars