KIA MARINE 213 FIGHTER PILOT CORSAIR F4U,Massive group

Raidercollector

I'll be repetative and just say this is absolutely amazingly poignant. This is a great preservation of an amazing and gallant story.

Semper Fi

Now that defines "group"! Doesnt get any better. A group like this is always worth more kept together than split up,

Kurt

Stinger Gunner USMC

amazing grouping! I have a 213 Aviator's uniform as well. Do any of the group photos contain names?! My guy was Marine Enlisted Aviator Ssgt William I Coffeen.

Foy R. Garison is listed in The Slipstream, Mark II. He is listed in flight Class 2A-42-C( C ) U.S.N.S., Corpus Christi, Texas. The photo in attachment 3 and the document in attachment 5, correspond to the photo in The Slipstream and his graduation from flight training from Corpus Christi, Texas NAS. Foy R. Garison is listed as being from Dallas, Texas and attended Southern Methodist University.

Raidercollector

Thanks for the great reply's and info From you guys. I thought I would have never have posted this group. Its been in my bunker for a long long time .I have so much research from him, Its astounding. I have all the history on there combat missions copied from the archives . There must be 100 pages. I also have at least another 50 photos. and some letters. I just watched a vidio on you tube showing him in flight from another forum member,It is just awesome, Its on you tube under VMF 213. if any one is interested. Thanks again.

Nick

This is a wonderful and very complete group! I think it is interesting that when Marines did extraordinary things they were awarded an Air Medal. If he had been in the Air Corps he would have received a DFC and an Air Medal.

Dick

Raidercollector

The guy that does the military stuff ,Told me on the road show he has seen several of these. Like to him it was no big deal to see the group i had,He did ask me if I was related to the pilot. I of coarse said no. Maybe that was why he did not give it TV time, But to me for all the other junk that was aired. That should not have made his judgement to give it air time. I was pissed, Half the show people that were there said it should have been aired.

Nick