A few patches

doyler

Insignia and photo of the Group members.

F/OKirkpatrick shown in back row(5th from left).He is the taller figure in the light colored battle dress.His dog Shiela is the groups mascot

post-342-0-25164000-1391295218.jpg

Looking for other photos I came across this one from the raid he gave me.Its a picture made from one of the frames the camera shot that day from is aircraft over trget.You can see a Mosie in the lower left and gives you an idea how low they were flying.

One of the aircraft struck and object and in turn parts of the aircraft hit a building.The building was a school.There were children in the school.They were placed in the basement as they were under attack.THere was confusion caused by the smoke and fire.A couple of the following aircraft reportedly placed their bomb load on the school.There was a controversy for years on what actualy happned.21 Sqd took the burden of blame for the more tha 86 causualties.While attendind the 1995 reuniuon the squdron survivors were told that the Dutch firemen had been dispatched to extingquish the flames.With the children in the basement the water filled the area and many were sad to have drown.

attachicon.gif2014_0131milstuff329130001.JPG

Nice patches, thanks for sharing

BTW.

I think you mean Danish firemen instead of Dutch

Nice group of insignia. I collect military aviation insignia from all the British Commonwealth countries and I really like the Aussi half wings. Some of those are hard to find here in the states. (At least for me they are hard to find!)

Nice group of insignia. I collect military aviation insignia from all the British Commonwealth countries and I really like the Aussi half wings. Some of those are hard to find here in the states. (At least for me they are hard to find!)

Thanks Lee

Nice patches, thanks for sharing

BTW.

I think you mean Danish firemen instead of Dutch

You are correct sir.My mistake.Was thinking one thing and typed the other.

Thanks for the link you sent