How not to package a wing for mailing

Patchcollector

I once received a pair of silver wings wrapped in kitchen towel and stuffed into a (drum roll) toilet roll tube :o ...which itself was wrapped in brown paper. Crude, but effective! :wacko:

Patchcollector

Yep, I've even had original photos folded in half to fit a smaller envelope ! Madness..........

Oh that drives me crazy.I've had a few oversized patches folded up to about a quarter of their size and then stuffed into a tiny envelope,grrrr...

I once received a pair of silver wings wrapped in kitchen towel and stuffed into a (drum roll) toilet roll tube :o ...which itself was wrapped in brown paper. Crude, but effective! :wacko:

Now that's being creative! As long as the roll is "clean" I would not have a problem with it.I think.. :unsure: Seeing it would bring up some "untidy" associations though...

I can do better than that! Years ago when I was young teacher I taught at a school which had a tough catchment area. On birthdays, it was not unusual for kids to bring in a slice of birthday cake for their teacher. On one occasion a pupil did just that...and the rather large slice was wrapped in a few sheets of pink toilet tissue!! :o Needless to say, I accepted it gratefully....and discretely consigned it to the garbage can at the earliest opportunity. But hey....it's the thought that counts...isn't it?! ;)

A few Years aog i got a Medal with the Post. The medal was just thrown in a envelope.

After all the envelope was badly damaged and the medal has several bad scratches and the suspension ring and the pin were bent - but hey the seller saved some bucks :blink:

Patchcollector

I can do better than that! Years ago when I was young teacher I taught at a school which had a tough catchment area. On birthdays, it was not unusual for kids to bring in a slice of birthday cake for their teacher. On one occasion a pupil did just that...and the rather large slice was wrapped in a few sheets of pink toilet tissue!! :o Needless to say, I accepted it gratefully....and discretely consigned it to the garbage can at the earliest opportunity. But hey....it's the thought that counts...isn't it?! ;)

Better pink toilet paper than brown... :o

We all like the conviance of the local envelopes the Post ffice provies.Here is one I recieved the past weekend.Thankfully nothing was missing(I know of).

When I use these or a bubble mailer I try to re-inforce the edges with extra tape.This is a good example why I do it Plus if I can I will bag the items in a zip-loc or other bag to give the items more protection.

post-342-0-15966000-1391458291.jpg

Going the other direction I can't tell you how many patches I have received in the mail with bubble wrap, two pieces of cardboard, and all duct taped for safety!

Quite fun to open, but the patches aren't bent up!

I like to ship clutchback items missing clutches in balloons, that I blow up for padding and slap a shipping label to

I'd say the worst I got was from Russia, 2 fragile dug German helmets and a dug stick grenade, stacked inside each other, wrapped in one layer of brown paper, with the handle of the grenade just sticking out of the paper. Oh, yes, the helmets were SS and FJ, as well...I'm still amazed to this day that they actually arrived intact somehow

If you do use a pliers, take it nice and easy! I've straightened bent pins like that more than once, and occasionally they will snap off!! :o

I used a Gerber to straighten out a wire clasp on an 1875 EGA that was pinched shut...lots of care, and had no issues. Take it EASY...

"It's not a diaper,just a piece of an old mattress cut up"

That's pretty bad.

Since the beginning of the year, everything I have received has been packaged with the utmost care or crammed in a box that should of been used for something a lot smaller than a uniform. I'm just glad I haven't received any coats shoved into bags and taped to a point it is almost unable to be opened.

Mike

Patchcollector

I'm glad that you were able to fix yours.In my case,mine was snapped completely off and lost,and I did not attempt to have them fixed.

Crazy World - now the Seller wants the wing back :huh:

But this little beauty stay with me...

Maybe he saw the badge here on the forum.... :D

No he didnt told me why he will have the wing back... Maybe because i got the wing for 8€?

@ Brig

Yeah that sounds like a good idea :D - but if i double the price for that wing he can buy em back for 16€ :P

Patchcollector

News: I got my Money back and can keep the Wing - thanks PayPal :D

So its my first "free" Wing B)

That's great news Marksman! :)