Major General AAC piece

warguy

Sorry, didn't know exactly where to put this. I know it is not flight clothing, but it does have the insignia inscribed, so this is the thread I picked. A picker friend of mine bought a lot including a box full of stuff. After a couple of months, he finally tore into it and discovered this. It is a cigarette case made of very fine silver with the engraving as depicted. I was able to determine Maj. General Cousins entered army service prior to WWI in the Cavalry and served in Texas and Mexico in the punitive expedition. He was in WWI, and then transferred into the sir corps where he served and moved through the ranks to a two star. Looks like he was responsible for training in California during the war. Great piece I wanted to share, and I might have a shot at acquiring it, but neither of us know what the value of something like this might be. I will post it in the what is it worth thread as well, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks-Kevin

post-21606-0-22780000-1390786589.jpg

post-21606-0-42893900-1390786603.jpg

post-21606-0-17372900-1390786618.jpg

That is very nice. It would be great if you could find out who "STRAT" was. He apparently he must have served in the CBI theater of war . The emblem on the Bottom left is for the China Burma India theater. My Aunt served there during WW2.

Semper Fi

Phil

Hey, nice piece. "Strat" would be Maj. Gen. George E. Stratemeyer, boss of the Eastern Air Command. Google is your friend..His nickname is Strat, as you can read in this document..

http://cbi-theater-1.home.comcast.net/~cbi-theater-1/roundup/roundup062944.html

As far as a gift from one general tot the other, in the time (*th june 1944) it could not be improved upon! Cool piece, and certainly valuable.