For wings lovers…

robert60446

John Cooper

Rattle and Scott - great photos! You guys have some very nice wings!!!

BTW is it possible to see the reverse of the FE wing?

Thanks

John

Gents, all the photos are lovely but please, in the future, limit the subject of your compositions to US wings only . Thanks!

My apologies everyone for my inclusion of a few items that are outside the scope of the site... honestly, I didn't mean to offend anyone. It wont happen again.

John, here's a front/back shot of my FE wing; it's got a 180-degree pin, and a beautifully detailed radial engine seperately applied to the front. As always, comments are welcome on it.

post-2884-1212544980.jpg

robert60446
here's a front/back shot of my FE wing; it's got a 180-degree pin, and a beautifully detailed radial engine seperately applied to the front. As always, comments are welcome on it.

This is gorgeous example Scott!... jeal0001.gif

IMPERIAL QUEST
Hi Scott, thanks for understing about the posting of non-US items. ;)
Seeing that Flight Engineer wing makes me want to start collecting these as well... beee - uuuuu - teee - ful.

My apologies everyone for my inclusion of a few items that are outside the scope of the site... honestly, I didn't mean to offend anyone. It wont happen again.

John, here's a front/back shot of my FE wing; it's got a 180-degree pin, and a beautifully detailed radial engine seperately applied to the front. As always, comments are welcome on it.

Really nice GEMSCO patttern! I have one myself.

Paul

It is interesting to note that when instituted in 1944 this wing badge was officially identified as "SuperFortress Flight Engineer" for the B-29 guys who had a specific crew position on those big birds!

Bobgee

John Cooper
john,

Yes. the two inch wings are marked "LGB" and sterling.

Levi

Thanks I thought so!

Cheers