Needing Help Identifying this Bugs Bunny Patch

cdking

Can anyone tell me the era of these patches? unit? anything?

Thank you in advance!

These were found in the belongings of a deceased relative, but he was a collector and I am not sure how he acquired them

Charles

post-151282-0-91331000-1390606774.jpg

post-151282-0-63215300-1390606829.jpg

BUGS BUNNY BOMBARDIER SCHOOL CARLSBAD NM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-USAAF-BUGS-BUNNY-BOMBARDIER-SCH-CARLSBAD-NM-PATCH-/121240077296

think this might help you to identify your patch as far as to what unit it was and I think this is in the spirit of your bugs bunny patch- not an expert so can't say for sure if your patch is RKO or not-

BUGS BUNNY BOMBARDIER SCHOOL CARLSBAD NM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-USAAF-BUGS-BUNNY-BOMBARDIER-SCH-CARLSBAD-NM-PATCH-/121240077296

think this might help you to identify your patch as far as to what unit it was and I think this is in the spirit of your bugs bunny patch- not an expert so can't say for sure if your patch is RKO or not-

Thank you, Thor. Yes...that was very helpful.

Dumb, newbie question:...what is an "RKO"?

vintageproductions

I would take that article with a grain of salt.Do a search here on the USMF and type in RKO or Max Berman patches, and read what pops up.

Thank you, Thor. Yes...that was very helpful.

Dumb, newbie question:...what is an "RKO"?

Wardrobe department / movie props

RKOlogo.jpg

I would take that article with a grain of salt.Do a search here on the USMF and type in RKO or Max Berman patches, and read what pops up.

agreed-sorry vintage- no intent to mislead- :blush:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/196515-rko-movie-studios-patches/

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60537-goofy-the-glider-pilot/

Johnny Signor

The bugs bunny patch is that of the Bombardier School out of Carlsbad AAFB , New Mexico , and can be seen on" Brian's WW2 Patch pages" under the 200 and below AAF unit patches

Johnny

RKO type I'm sure

Thank you everyone for your replies...they are very helpful. It's good to know what they represent.

Another newbie question: Some members seem quite sure they are RKO. How can one tell? Is there a giveaway? is it that they are so clean?

Again, thank you all for your replies.

Patchcollector

Another newbie question: Some members seem quite sure they are RKO. How can one tell? Is there a giveaway? is it that they are so clean?

It would be helpful if you could post a photo of the back of the patch.Most of the RKO prop pieces I've seen are a canvas type and are clearly marked as RKO props.

I'm attaching a photo I found online showing what the back of these pieces usually looks like.

post-13386-0-62203800-1390742785.jpeg

It would be helpful if you could post a photo of the back of the patch.Most of the RKO prop pieces I've seen are a canvas type and are clearly marked as RKO props.

I'm attaching a photo I found online showing what the back of these pieces usually looks like.

Here is the back of the 398th Bomb Squadron patch. I do not have the Bugs Bunny one in my collection...that is with my father.

post-151282-0-06269200-1390749780.jpg

Patchcollector

Here is the back of the 398th Bomb Squadron patch. I do not have the Bugs Bunny one in my collection...that is with my father.

You mean the 764th Bombardment Squadron (Heavy) patch? That one looks fine.

Here is a link to some info on the 764th:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/764th_Bombardment_Squadron

Ah, yes, the 746th...my mistake,

Does this mean it is authentic? It will be interesting for me to learn how to tell a real one from a replica.

• 1 month later...
Patchcollector

Ah, yes, the 746th...my mistake,

Does this mean it is authentic? It will be interesting for me to learn how to tell a real one from a replica.

Yes,the 764th cloth patch is authentic to the period.A more recently made copy would be a computer generated design which is pretty easy to spot if you look at the back weave.Also the newer patches will almost always have a heat seal,or plastic back on them.Your 764th is a nice patch from a unit that participated in Arc Light Missions in Vietnam.

Of course the RKO patches are all just prop pieces,although some of them are fairly old.