• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Navy Police/Master-At-Arms Badges

Any member have a photo of pre-1940 MAA brassard? I have a velcro attached example, likely 1960s.

Pre-1940 or ww2 era? My wife has a ww2 era MAA brassard worn by a WAVE.

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pre-1940 or ww2 era? My wife has a ww2 era MAA brassard worn by a WAVE.

Yes, would like to include WAVES WWII era MAA brassard.

Thanks,

Book Link: U.S. Navy Tailor-Made Dress Blues, Liberty Cuffs, and Sailor Folk Art

Wanted: USN Liberty Cuffs, vintage bullion rating badges, pre-1914 rating badges and vintage USN Police style Badges.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2007.gif

Let me run this by the sub-forum, do you gents like this as a layout for my book section regarding U.S. Navy usage of law enforcement style badges?

http://navycollector.com/NavyCollector/Navy%20Images/Book-IV_page.jpg

That layout is fantastic and simple. What is this for??

I do not profess to be a militaria expert, but I conduct as much research as I am capable of and then write about my findings.
Check out my blogs, The Veteran's Collection (general militaria) and Chevrons and Diamonds (military baseball)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I really like your book format. I have just one suggestion regarding your sample page: is it possible to include a sub-head for "Period of Use"? This seems to be one of the commonest questions we are asked about our badges.

If you think you'd like to do that, perhaps you could combine the "Construction" and "Clasp Style" lines info onto one line. That would free up a sub-head space for "Period of Use". In your opening chapter, where you include info on your book's format you could include some verbiage about how the "Period of Use" was determined, such as the dates a ship was in commissioned service, the hallmark, the pin and catch style, etc. Again, just a suggestion.

Looking for:

1. CIB with M16 instead of 1795 Musket

2. Rarer current era brassards and armbands

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

donation2015.gif donation2016.gif

I really like your book format. I have just one suggestion regarding your sample page: is it possible to include a sub-head for "Period of Use"? This seems to be one of the commonest questions we are asked about our badges.

If you think you'd like to do that, perhaps you could combine the "Construction" and "Clasp Style" lines info onto one line. That would free up a sub-head space for "Period of Use". In your opening chapter, where you include info on your book's format you could include some verbiage about how the "Period of Use" was determined, such as the dates a ship was in commissioned service, the hallmark, the pin and catch style, etc. Again, just a suggestion.

Excellent suggestion, I do list period of use in some instances. I also explain some methods for determining periods of usage, those you've mentioned and several more. I then list some reasons why, for example, clasp design can't always be trusted to zero in on usage date.

Thanks for the input.

-dan

Book Link: U.S. Navy Tailor-Made Dress Blues, Liberty Cuffs, and Sailor Folk Art

Wanted: USN Liberty Cuffs, vintage bullion rating badges, pre-1914 rating badges and vintage USN Police style Badges.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2007.gif

Excellent suggestion, I do list period of use in some instances. I also explain some methods for determining periods of usage, those you've mentioned and several more. I then list some reasons why, for example, clasp design can't always be trusted to zero in on usage date.

Thanks for the input.

-dan

You're welcome, sir. One thing I regularly use is the list of hallmarks and the associated companies' addresses, cross-correlated with the dates those companies were located at those addresses. The list was developed by Stephen Knight and has appeared in several books. I use the one on pages 29 to 56 in "Law Enforcement Memorabilia" by Monty McCord.

Looking for:

You're welcome, sir. One thing I regularly use is the list of hallmarks and the associated companies' addresses, cross-correlated with the dates those companies were located at those addresses. The list was developed by Stephen Knight and has appeared in several books. I use the one on pages 29 to 56 in "Law Enforcement Memorabilia" by Monty McCord.

I have Monty's book on the way and intend to consider that list.

Thanks for Stephen Knight's name.

-dan

I have Monty's book on the way and intend to consider that list.

Thanks for Stephen Knight's name.

-dan

You're welcome, Dan!

Looking for:

Here is one made aboard ship. Came with a WW2 US Coast Guard medal group to a CPO.

Wharf

Nice. Navy ship with Coast Guard crew during WWII, when the USCG fell under control of the USN.

I believe this is a good example of shipboard or base shop made master-at-arms badge.

Thanks for posting.

-dan

• 2 weeks later...

love that badge, Wharf.

see my previous postings for one that is real similar.

here is the group of items to MAA WAVE Sp (S) 2c Mary Micciche, USS Balboa.

-Brian

post-114538-0-59821300-1454272276.jpg

post-114538-0-80962200-1454272275.jpg

post-114538-0-35779500-1454272289.jpg

S diamond ratings were most often used for shore MAA's.

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Hi Guys

just received this today in the mail and thought I would share it with the forum.It's a not to common PPO plastic badge,and one of only a few I have seen.It also came with the guys dog tags.Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.Jay

post-564-0-57865600-1454541043.jpg

donation2012.gifdonation2007.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif