USN MAA Navy Police/Master-At-Arms Badges

dpcsdan

Hi Guys

Well I just received this in the mail Friday and thought I would share my newest MAA Badge.Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be posting more MAA Badges as i'm working on a deal now.Hope you enjoy,Thanks Jay

post-564-0-56460000-1446428309.jpg

Reverse Photo

post-564-0-86048300-1446428350.jpg

Hi Guys

hey have a question and hopefully someone can help with the info.I'm going and try to collect as many MAA badges possible attributed to Naval ships and was wondering if someone has a complete list of all US navy ships with MAA on board.Thanks in advance,Jay

Ps> Is there any reference books yet on MAA Badges?

Hi Guys

hey have a question and hopefully someone can help with the info.I'm going and try to collect as many MAA badges possible attributed to Naval ships and was wondering if someone has a complete list of all US navy ships with MAA on board.Thanks in advance,Jay

Ps> Is there any reference books yet on MAA Badges?

Good luck with that project. LOL! I think almost every type of ship had some type of MAA. I have one from an MSO and they go all they way up to aircraft carrier size ships, plus the newer nuc subs.

Firefighter

Always up to a challenge , still hoping on a list of some sorte,Jay

They can get very pricy. I always liked the older ones, more unique designs. Now they all seem to be a generic style with just the ships name changed/added to a scroll.

Exactly,but the older ones are hard to find and very expensive .i want to start with whats available at a reasonable fee,and go from there

Just make you sure you share :D

Cobra 6 Actual

I intend to post any USN related badge in this thread. MAA, SP, PPO, Guard, Police (USN and USN Contractor), Leadingman (an area the USN utilized that other branches didn't seem to use), base Fire departments, Investigators, Inspectors, NCIS and others I may discover.

I'll also cover them all in my next book.

Great badges, y'all! Dpcsdan, I have seen the term "Leadingman" before, but am not sure what the functions of such a position include ... Could you clarify, please?

Leading Man would have been a civilian Yard worker, much like today's supervisor. Leading Man might have been the senior man in a shipyard specialty shop, such as leading electrician, etc. 1940s-early 1950s usage.

I have seen a Leading Chief badge, almost certainly pre-1958 usage.

Hi Guys

Well Here's today new badge.The one favor I ask the forum is maybe someone can help me with the time line of production,if so I would be great full.Will be listing more real soon.Jay

post-564-0-78209900-1447554166.jpg

Reverse

post-564-0-72642400-1447554267.jpg

Cobra 6 Actual

Leading Man would have been a civilian Yard worker, much like today's supervisor. Leading Man might have been the senior man in a shipyard specialty shop, such as leading electrician, etc. 1940s-early 1950s usage.

I have seen a Leading Chief badge, almost certainly pre-1958 usage.

Thanks very much for that information!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Well thought I would share me newest MAA badges.The USS Bennington is by far my favorite and thinking its an earlier badge.Thanks for viewing,Jay

post-564-0-48137900-1450140138.jpg

Pic.#2

post-564-0-41208900-1450140171.jpg

post-564-0-26084000-1450140216.jpg

Hi Guys

Well Here's today new badge.The one favor I ask the forum is maybe someone can help me with the time line of production,if so I would be great full.Will be listing more real soon.Jay

. Naval Aux. Air Stations were mostly a WWII creation. Google the unit history to help zero in on usage dates. The catch on back is a fairly early style.