M42 paratrooper reinforced jacket

justine62

OK, that is a good thing! Chances are it also came from California. Here is the same list sorted for California

http://wwii-enlistment.com/search/?asn=&laundryNumber=B-8413&forename=&surname=&state=91&county=&birthYear=&search=Search

Keep in mind though, that he may have come from somewhere else originally...there is only one name on this list that I would view as a candidate: Edward G. Blake

I would start by trying to establish an airborne connection for this man. Like I said though, the original owner may have enlisted elsewhere......so kind of a long shot.

Thank you for putting the extra picture up of the belt. You can now see the retaining loop on it and that it is the same colour as the jacket - before it looked too long, without the reatining loop and a different colour, as if it had been added.

Are there no fadings or stitching marks on either sleeve, for a divisional patch or an armflag?

And can you also post a picture of the inside loop at the neck please (the one for hanging the jacket up)?

The reinforcements look more like the 82nd ones than 101st by the way if it helps in your search. That partial serial number doesn't turn up in the 505rct roster for one thing.

Cheers,

Glen.

Hi Justine - okay, had a good look at the photos on my home computer at the weekend and the reinforcements look much clearer (and better!) now instead of what I was seeing on my laptop.

Judging by the style of the sewing (on the pocket and the elbow), I'm going to narrow down my statement that it might be an 82nd Airborne jacket to that it might be a post-Normandy modified 504th PIR jacket. Just a slightly-informed guess on my part... :) It will be interesting to see if you manage to identify the original owner to see if the logic I've used here is correct. If it's not, I'm going to have to revise my research notes.... ;)

Cheers,

Glen.