M42 paratrooper reinforced jacket

justine62

Hello :),
I just bought this jacket reinforced M42. I have this number B-8413 inside. There are currently no patch or name. (no tag and Crown main zip and serval for 2 little zip)

It is not possible to find the owner? Can you give me more information about this jacket?

Thanks so much !

post-31566-0-19785000-1390597051.jpg

Album with lot of photos :

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjRckxJC

Justine

Something looks distinctly wrong about that jacket, Justine. The belt certainly isn't right, and the reinforcements don't look right either. Any signs of a label in the lower right pocket?

Cheers,

Glen.

No tag on pocket...

The reinforcement fabrics impregnated and seems very very thick. The reinforcements were added above and sewn corner, with several lines of stitching.

(Sorry for my english...)

While i can't comment on the reinforcing, the crown zipper and belt buckle look like the one my dad gave me. Mine also has serval zippers on the knife pocket.

Something looks distinctly wrong about that jacket, Justine. The belt certainly isn't right, and the reinforcements don't look right either. Any signs of a label in the lower right pocket?

Cheers,

Glen.

Why isn't right ? I add to the album photo of this. The belt is swen on the jacket.

Regards

American Graffiti

The jacket is AOK, as for the reinforcement I'm no expert, but it certainly looks the right type of fabric and has all the stitching idiosyncracies of originals and not the obvious repro signs.

Nice pick up,

AG

I think people are naturally always cautious when such jackets appear because they are scarce and there are several good repros currently available out there. Also...originals are very expensive. There was one on eBay very recently priced at over $1000 / €730. The price asked is often an indicator of authenticity. So,if it cost €100 or less, it was either an absolute bargain.....or the right price for a repro.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/198481-1390-bin-42-pattern-82nd-jump-jacket-on-ebayuk/?hl=%2Bjump+%2Bjacket

I agree to the price. But sometimes buyers are Leurer to 10,000 dollars with a copy. I ask your thoughts on this jacket just;)

Pour la veste en elle-même c'est une WWII de par la confection, les zips etc. Je veux juste avec des avis sur les renforts... et pour le lundry number : impossible à retrouver la trace de son propriétaire WWII ?

English, guys!!

Mais bien sûr, désolé mon ami ... :D

Justine....I wish you luck. Hope you can identify it positively!

Go Here:

http://wwii-enlistment.com/search/

Type in the laundry # and you will have your list of candidates from the NARA database. Keep in mind that not every soldier is in the database, nor are officers listed there. If you know where this jacket came from specifically in the US (i.e. the state), this can often be used to narrow the search a bit. Then it is a matter of looking at each name for a match. Quite tedious, but it can be done. Good luck!