WAC Wool overcoat

1944WC52

I have picked up some WAC uniform components for my collection and wanted to see if the overcoat is actually a female variant. My 42L is in storage and not readily available to compare the two. There are no tags or sizes on the coat. Any help would be appreciated.

Brent

Yes, women's coats button right over left where the men's button left over right. There are several versions of the women's over coat but they will all button right over left. I have seen pictures of women wearing men's coats, appearently the woman's were not available, so pictures of your coat would help.

I will take some pictures today. I believe the the Wool Overcoat can button right or left, both on my large 42 and this mystery one. One thing interesting to note is that the collar is smaller than my men's (from memory). This could of course be to an earlier production. The coat does have the brass buttons.

Thanks for the replies.

Brent

Yes, women's coats button right over left where the men's button left over right. There are several versions of the women's over coat but they will all button right over left. I have seen pictures of women wearing men's coats, appearently the woman's were not available, so pictures of your coat would help.