HGK-13 high altitude flight helmet info

flightmac

I have an HGK-13/P22S-2 helmet missing side knobs and few other miscellaneous parts, but with a nice gold full visor and the U.S.A.F. decal like the one the one on early single visor helmets (HGU-2, etc.). The David Clark company just today replied that they don't have any information because they aren't required to keep any government records more than 5 years! Kind of surprised there isn't an archive of historic information, but then again it's a different generation I guess.

Anyway, I'm looking for an illustrated parts breakdown or at least a parts list (anything). Anyone here have any information, know where to find information, or even have spare pieces by some miracle? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what it looks like - http://historical.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=6087&lotIdNo=20017#Photo except the one I have is missing the side knobs and has a gold visor. Here's a picture of one being held by Joe Engle, the only man to manually control the re-entry of two different winged vehicles from space - the X-15 and the space shuttle - 3177737361_f34e861915_z.jpg