CIVIL WAR NATIONAL VETS HOME BADGED WWI OFFICERS VISOR CAP

oldabewla

I have this WWI officers visor cap with the Civil War national vets home badge on it super neat has anyone here seen this one before? I thinking it was used from around WWI thur the 1920's

Craig

post-7997-0-38805900-1390191553.jpg

Craig,

Could we see a couple of overall pix of the cap? I would love to see an interior shot or two and one of the chin strap buttons if possible.

Sarge,

The cap is marked inside the Armstrong Uniforms Chicago and the guys name A.J. Klint inked and also named on the little fancy leather square next to the Armstrong lable.

Craig

post-7997-0-54857900-1390353109.jpg

post-7997-0-43569000-1390353177.jpg

Up date!

I found this guy in a book of the (National Home for Dis Vols. Soldiers report inspection of branches Aug 1914-Nov1914 by Maj. W.P. Jackson Inspector General seems A.J. Klint was a Lieut. and a surgeon at the Northwestern Branch Miliwaukee, WIS very interesting as I purchased it in Minnesota.

Craig

• 3 weeks later...

I have a book listed on my website from one of these homes in Leavenworth, Kansas. The residents wore uniforms.. I couldn't paste a link to it for some reason here. But, if you go to http://www.ourboysof98.com under the category PAPER you can see some photos of the contents. (It is the 21st row from the top ) Thanks